Shift work and eating....

Options
almonds1
almonds1 Posts: 642 Member
So my question is what are peoples insights in calculating food intake.

My question is in regards to your first shift on...

If I was to wake up at arpund 11-12am on a monday and start my day then work monday night until say 8am, how would you calulate that?
Basically I am going 21hrs straight from monday morning until tuesday morning on my first night of work. It all comes together on the foloowing but the first if the tough one. You want to stay in your goal but would I not expand my daily limit because of this?

How that makes sense...
Tibs

Replies

• xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    i go from midnight to midnight
  • redsoxy
    redsoxy Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I do midnight to midnight as well. I stay up at least 27hr my first night in....it doesn't throw me off too much. I figure if I'm eating THAT much more on my first night in because I'm up a little longer...I shouldn't be eating that much to begin with!!

Midnight to midnight works for me!
  • PegasusDeb
    PegasusDeb Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    You can change your food journal settings if it would make things easier. I kinda have the same thing, I work 2-10, so when I get home about 10:30, it may eat something, and then later exercise, which I still record as "today", when time-wise it's "tomorrow"! Does that make sense?? lol
  • almonds1
    Options
    ya that would work but tech I am starting over again at 12 with no sleep in between? I would be way under mmy cals for today
  • markawillis
    markawillis Posts: 20
    Options
    I also work odd hours. I may work from 6 am till 3 am the nest day then be back up at 9 and only work till 6 pm or I could pull an all nighter. I also go from midnight to midnight.

7351974.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • ktc33
    ktc33 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I work 5pm to 5am and I also count my calories from midnight to midnight.
  • almonds1
    Options
    so you would just start again at 12? its always the first one that gets me. technically my day starts at 11am today and runs until 0800 tomorrow....
  • trimformecmb
    trimformecmb Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I go midnight to midnight as well.......that first day i am awake for about 30 hours and then the third day i am ususally under.......i don't think there is an easier way thant this. Good Luck........
  • almonds1
    Options
    bump... Just want to confirm is this is the best way to do this when you are on shifts?

example... I was up at 11 today and I have to work until 8am the next morning. So in reality I am up 23hrs. I have about 9hrs left in my shift and I am 300 cals from my daily limit.
    Are most people starting their clock at midnight? So I basically start over again at 0 ?

thanks
    Tibs