Today is my first day ...

Options
Hi guys ... I didnt reailse how big I was until I just put in my weight on MFP ... encouraged by all your posts, I am hoping I cant fail at this one ...

I am an impatient soul and one of those people who need to see instant results ... so will need a lot of encouragement :wink:

Well done to all of you on this journey and thanks so much for the amazing support you give each other ... Here goes 42lbs of excess me :happy:

Replies

• Desilu13
    Desilu13 Posts: 4
    Options
    I'm new too Welcom to MFP!!!:)
    Lets do this!!!!
  • birdlover97111
    birdlover97111 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I've been on for 5 days and am already down 3 pounds. I love this site, just wish I would have found it years ago.:smile:

7879735.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • markawillis
    markawillis Posts: 20
    Options
    You can do it. I too am not very patient. But this site helps... A LOT!
    thanks MFP.

7351974.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • shuttlebug1
    shuttlebug1 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I've been on for almost two weeks now, and I've lost 5 lbs. If you use MFP diligently, I believe it will work. Seeing the calories go up and down as I eat and exercise really motivates me to eat right and work out. I'm very anal about it, and tough on myself, but it was hard to track everything before I started using MFP. I'm using the android app, which helps a lot.
  • rogervnewman
    Options
    Hi! New here as well. About to finish up my first week, and haven't seen any weight loss yet. Trying to get control of my eating habits. :)

I'm an avid Cross Fitter to, anyone else?
  • Larode
    Larode Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I've been "eating right", not dieting, for one year and swimming 3-5 x a week for 35 minutes (40 laps or more) and I'm down over 50 lbs - size 22 down to a 14 almost a 12. It's now a way of life - I love MFP as it's easy to track my food. No use in lying to yourself as no one sees your diary unless you want them to. When I cheat, I see it and feel it! I do like my cocktails but have even given them up for the most part. When you don't weigh as much, you can't process the liquor. The great thing is I'm off my blood pressure med (1 of them..). Welcome, stick with it...it's a great program. I didn't find it until I was down 35 or so lbs and wish I'd found it a long time ago. I was tracking everything manually which is a pain!

Good luck!
  • Kimrenaud
    Kimrenaud Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. You can do this! be real honest to your self, set a realistic goal, short term and long term. Remember you didnt put it on in 1 day its taken a while and it isn't coming off all at once. Its a slow progress, 1-2lbs a week is awesome. Theres some great examples to follow, great advise too. Add me as your friend if you'd like!
  • kristakal
    kristakal Posts: 3
    Options
    Hey everyone!!! Today is my first day actively using MYFITNESSPAL!! Very excited to get back on the way down on my journey!! I recently lost over 50#'s and have hit a wall. Strangely my food diary was used up and I stopped loosing weight along with a injury. So here I am rested and ready to get back on my journey!!
    My favorite Workouts right now TURBO FIRE and CHALEAN EXTREME!! Chalene Johnson has me hooked and I love it:) I have about 30# to go and would Love to get in touch with others on there Journeys to rest of there lives as well!!

Please feel free to connect with me on Facebook as well just mention My fitness pal in the note!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/11Krista

Lets Do this!!!
  • kristakal
    kristakal Posts: 3
    Options
    Congrats on the Loss!! :happy: