Chips!

Options
2»

Replies

• susiederkins21
    susiederkins21 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Maybe getting some flavorings for your popcorn would help? I have maybe eight flavors of Kernel Seasons in my kitchen right now, and that's not even all the ones they make. My favorites are ranch and garlic parmesan. I use Flavacol when I want a traditional salty, buttery taste. I eat popcorn six days a week, so I have to mix it up! Wish I could find some barbecue seasoning...
  • dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    I buy the Sunchips because they satisfy my craving for a salty crunchy snack but I won't go nuts and overeat on them. "Fit it into your calories" works only if you can stop at your one ounce serving (or more- but then you are spending a lot of calories on chips). My problem is that I become the cookie monster, only with chips, especially the low fat pringles or the low fat Mike Sells- with cottage cheese for dipping. I can eat a lot without realizing it.
  • flamingblades
    flamingblades Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I have discovered Sensible Portions brand "veggie" straws. They have 30% less fat than potato chips and have vegetable powders mixed with the potato. It still tastes mostly like potato chips, but for 30% less fat, I went for it and I really like them.
  • Mussronkey
    Mussronkey Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I too was a chip addict. Doritos, cool ranch was my fix. I now carry a small bag of pretzel sticks with me and keep a bag at my desk. The lightly salted ones are not bad tasting either. For a dip I use plain yellow mustard. It is a great alternative.
  • smsingleton13
    smsingleton13 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I weighed them out and put them in a bowl. Allowed me to splurge without all the guilt. Gotta love chili cheese fritos! Lol