Juice Detoxing

Options
lucille_heather
lucille_heather Posts: 650 Member
hey guys. I've recently began the juice detox diet. Mainly having a variety of fruits and oats in my morning juices and then for lunch I'll choose a variety of greens to blend together to make a yummy green juice. Has anyone else tried this detox before? If so what other great recipes have you tried and loved? X

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,526 Member
    Options
    Juice is fine in moderation. The real truth is that it's nutrient dense (depending on the ingredients) but it doesn't nothing to "detox" the body. If the body was truly inundated with "toxins" that were at a harmful level, you'd be much better off going to a toxicologist (who would administer the right types of meds).
    This "detox" thing is a gimmick that the diet and fitness industry advertises just to either sell more products or disguised as a way to get people to eat in a calorie deficit to lose weight. And many believe it's a miracle diet, when in truth all that was done was calorie reduction.
    Not trying to be negative, just feel that there's so much bad advertising and misinformation that knowing correct information may help new people stick to a more sustainable diet.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    As ninerbuf said, there is nothing inherently wrong with juice, but detoxing is a fad. You don't need to detox, or to jump start a diet, or restrict certain foods. Losing weight is simply a mathematical equation. Eat less then you burn. It's that simple.
  • jadowns
    jadowns Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Hey girlie!

I have done a ton of juice detoxes. However, I have found that it is not a sustainable way to lose weight, because you cannot do it everyday forever...

But whenever I'm feeling depressed or dumpy, I juice!

My favorite recipe:
    • 2 Pear,
    • 2 Apple,
    • Slice of Fresh Ginger

I drink papaya juice in the morning and evenings, green tea a couple times a day, and peppermint tea before bed in order to regulate body pH.

Let us know how it goes.
  • orijinale
    orijinale Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Water is your friend to clean your body out as well.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    There is nothing magic about blending food and drinking it instead of eating it. In my experience, drinking food is not satisfying or sociable. It's also expensive and messy. But to each his own.