*Traumatized* and in need of friends for support

Options
I just went with my mom who got liposuction this morning - I was in the room as they sucked 3 Liters (YES LITERS) of fat from her belly... I'm 237 lbs (down from 243 Woot! ) and really don't want to end up like my mom where I have to spend a fortune to have a procedure like that. I'm 23 days into eating better and working out and today was a mega kick in the *kitten*. Anyone interested in being a friend and helping me through this? I'm happy to reciprocate and be a good MFP friend.

Replies

• melissaf0405
    melissaf0405 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss, keep up the good work! Glad you are deciding to do this the healthy way! Don't get me wrong if lipo makes your mom feel better about herself I'm all for it but I don't believe it's a replacement for eating well and exercising. Let me know hoe I can help sport you in this journey.
  • kurleekaytee
    kurleekaytee Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Girl I'm right there! It's scary! Add me if you want and we can support each other.
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    You can do this! I started out at 267 and have weighed 146 for the last year and a half simply by using this site to count calories. It can be done!
  • epeters1984
    epeters1984 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Keep it up. This app really does help. I'm 112 days and 33lbs down.
  • newfutures
    newfutures Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Keep working at it. Im happy lipo did not appeal to you to and you want to help yourself the healthy way
  • cal205
    cal205 Posts: 11 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Keep doing what you're doing. There is nothing like exercising and eating healthier and watching the pounds shed off. You appreciate it more when you work hard to reach your goal.
  • pineapple_peach10
    pineapple_peach10 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Good for you for doing this the healthy way. I started at 234lbs and am now 153.

You can do it :)
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    Worst part is...now the fat will come back on weird, unnatural places on her! Go for it!
  • kimmie7765
    kimmie7765 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    brandiofLA wrote: »
    I just went with my mom who got liposuction this morning - I was in the room as they sucked 3 Liters (YES LITERS) of fat from her belly... I'm 237 lbs (down from 243 Woot! ) and really don't want to end up like my mom where I have to spend a fortune to have a procedure like that. I'm 23 days into eating better and working out and today was a mega kick in the *kitten*. Anyone interested in being a friend and helping me through this? I'm happy to reciprocate and be a good MFP friend.

• kimmie7765
    kimmie7765 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    We can support each other.