87 pounds down with pics!

Options
sparkler2112
sparkler2112 Posts: 50 Member
My journey began back in 2012. It's been slow and a little back and forth but I'm completely content with how its all played out. In 5'10 and started at 292 pounds. I wasn't ever the fat kid growing up. I was a great athlete throughout school and then I grasduated and I slowly just gained and gained. It wasn't until I stepped on the scale and realized I was just a few pounds from being 300 that I decided to change. I started just changing my diet and lost the first 40 lbs but being very diligent in what I ate. Once I got down to 250 pounds I decided I would start the couch to 5k program. The first day wasn't too bad. I finished and it just made me a feel like I could do anything. Day 3..that was a different story. I really thought I would die. I kept going though and finished my first 5k in Just why it 30 minutes. By no means is that fast but hell I ran over 3 miles. I didn't complain. After that I started struggling with injuries as I started upping my mileage and ended up with first a broken ankle (don't text and run) and then repetitive calf strains. So after getting to about 215 the weight started creeping back in and I got back up to 240. Then I said enough and took control again and today I'm down to 205. I'm not by any means there by I am thrilled with what I have accomplished so far! You can do it, too! Just don't give up on yourself and Just accept the challenges as they come. It's completely worth it!55ppfcaymmql.jpg

i7smd8ubdxoj.jpg
tkjip86jb7m8.jpg

Replies

• ToriJ84
    ToriJ84 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Wow. Looking good! Thanks for sharing your inspiring journey.
  • karyabc
    karyabc Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    :# omg what a difference!! Congratssss
  • southcitystudio
    southcitystudio Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Fantastic work! Congratulations. Also, I love your swimsuit!
  • JohnBarth
    JohnBarth Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Your transformation is nothing short of extraordinary! Truly amazing job. Thank you for sharing.
  • ajsmommy824
    ajsmommy824 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Great Job!!!!! Keep reaching for your goal!
  • dwozniak16
    dwozniak16 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Amazing job!
    You look great!
    Keep up the good work!
  • jamie_lee80
    jamie_lee80 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!!! Very motivating!
  • agal129
    agal129 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your progress!
  • keshabbaker
    keshabbaker Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Congratulations you look amazing B)
  • maryjboom
    maryjboom Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Congrats you look great!
  • Fitwarrior7_Round_2
    Fitwarrior7_Round_2 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Great work!
  • MiliOm
    MiliOm Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Congratulations :)
  • ctmike1980
    ctmike1980 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Did you lose the first 40 lbs with just eating better, and without any exercise?
  • hugheseva
    hugheseva Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Loved the pic of the two jeans; very inspiring
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    good for you, inspirational, I was starting to gain weight back and like you enough Is enough, have to make ourselves behave and take control. Only way to meet our goals.
  • becbec777
    becbec777 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    love the pants pic. what a story!
  • epeters1984
    epeters1984 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!
  • Jea_Boho
    Jea_Boho Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Amazing!
  • crecynthia
    crecynthia Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Wonderful transformation!!
  • Rabin
    Rabin Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Congrats.

Also, had anyone ever told you that you look like Amanda Freitag (Food network chef)?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!