How often to weigh in?

Options
How often should I weigh in? I've heard once a week, bi-weekly, and monthly. So what has worked better for you?

Replies

• xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    i do it every time i see a scale..lol its an obsession.
  • heather7marie
    heather7marie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself multiple times a week usually. Sometimes even multiple times a day. It really is an obsession. However, I only log my weight once a week on the same day.
  • adrianamezam
    Options
    i do it every time i see a scale..lol its an obsession.

me too! but i only log once a week, i was trying for fridays, but i got excited this past tuesday because i dropped my first 2 lbs, so i had to log it! next log in for my weight will be on june first when i start the 30 day shred :)
  • kshepherds
    kshepherds Posts: 20
    Options
    Apperently this isn't a good habit to get into...But i'm stuck... Mostly I do it every morning after I use the washroom and usually naked just before my shower. Keeps me on track. The only think that sucks is that the number on the scale tells me how my day is going to be.. Is it going to be a good day due to the fact that i'm down.. or will it be a bad day due to the fact that i'm the same or up a little.. Thankfully I have a short memory and get over it pretty quick.
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I'm a monthly gal. I only get weighed when I go to the doctors once a month. I don't want to be obsessed with the numbers on the scale. I want to focus on eating right and exercise. I review my dairy and make adjustments accordingly. For example yesterday I was over on my fat. Looking at my diary I can see my mistakes. I started the day off with a snack but had both pistachio and macadamia nuts. Good protein but macadamia are high in protein,I should never combine them with another nut. lesson learned. I monitor my sodium and sugar as well and if I cam doing things correctly I stay under on those. Since doing this I notice that most times I can make good food decisions.

Ultimately it's a personal decision but I wouldn't recommend weighing in any more frequently than weekly.
  • cszammit
    cszammit Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Last week I weighed in daily and I lost 2 lb, this week I did not weigh in everyday and I weighed in this morning and only lost .2lb.
    I think for me is better to weigh in daily so I don't eat late or take something extra!!
  • kell_riley
    kell_riley Posts: 312
    Options
    I think you most you should officially weighin is once a week, on the same day at the same time, that way you know you are getting a true reading.
    I am one of the people who stands on the scales probably everytime i use the bathroom! Its naughty but i only ever record once a week going by my gym scales.