Anyome else on a weight gain journey???

Options
Im trying to put on weight and Im looking for friends that are on the same journey as I am.

Replies

• Lithlyrian
    Lithlyrian Posts: 4
    Options
    I'm not, but just remember that muscle weighs more than fat, so I would think loading up on proteins and strength training would help you out a lot. Best of luck!!
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    i agree with above..i'm not looking to gain fat..but muscle..i've put on about 3-4 lbs in the past 5-6 months. i'm hoping its muscle..haha. i've been lifting every other day.
  • AirForceKnaze
    Options
    I've been working out 4 days a week since April. This week i started the INSANITY workouts. I try to eat healthy but I eat foods with a lot of calories. Im also taking a mass gainer protein shake. Ive gained 6lbs since I started in April. Im happy but i have 7 more pounds to gain so I can enlist in the Air Force. Im trying to gain healthy weight and muscle but it just seems like its taking so long.
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    yes..muscle mass is a very ssslllooooowwww process..believe me. if i were you i would fatten up a bit. during basic they'll whip you into shape..lol and chances are you'll lose weight. so might as well be fat you lose and muscle you retain.
  • AirForceKnaze
    Options
    Lol that's what everyone tells me. Im 19 and have tried to gain weight numerous times and just give up because its like a lost cause but now i have a goal. Im naturall slim and my metabolism is through the roof. I figured if i try to gain muscle at least i know i can succeed.... Eventually lol because this process is like watching paint dry.
  • AirForceKnaze
    Options
    @xraychick i love that last quote in your signature. More people need to realize that. Im surprised I've never told anyone that lol
  • iamthepreston
    iamthepreston Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Insanity is not for gaining weight its for losing weight, but it will help you a lot during basic.

Insanity burns a lot of calories so you need to eat even more and at your age that means eating so muchand so often you feel like your stomach is going to explode.

Weight training and no cardio would yield quicker results.