What Calories??

Options
AnneMelody
AnneMelody Posts: 51 Member
Ok I know this sounds dumb, But I genuinely do not konw the answer, If I am counting calories, does it matter what I eat as long as I stay within my calorie count? Just recently, I relaxed a bit on what I was eating, and found I could still lose weight, If I stay within my allowance, So, do I have to eat grilled chicken and salad, or can I really eat the odd ' Stick to your ribs meal ' as long as I stay within my calories????

Replies

• xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    well sure..metabolically its calories in calories out as they say.

but as far as ribs go..i dont think they are necessarily unhealthy or bad for you.
    listen..its like this..what it boils down to it is healthy eating is better for you overall..either bad or healthy eating as long as you are under your calories will make you lose weight..but why eat the bad when you can just eat the good and get all the nutrition?
    nutrition, vitamins, minerals etc etc are what our bodies need to operate at their optimum. meaning the healthier you'll be. you'll be at least risk for heart disease, diabetes, etc. if you eat good foods..but think of what your body will be like if you eat twinkies and egg yolks all time..
  • drasr
    drasr Posts: 181
    Options
    If you really enjoy such food, you could and you should but not too often. MFP recommends a diet composition with 55% calories from Carbs, 30% from Fats and 15% from Proteins. Do follow that and keep Sodium in check.
  • erikanunns
    erikanunns Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I definitely reckon its okay to have a wee blow out - once in a while. I think its great you can still stick to your calorie budget eating comfort food!
    I guess its all about having a little bit of what takes your fancy - just not everyday!
  • guppygirl322
    guppygirl322 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Yes, calories in, calories out, but not all calories are created equal. You can have 200 calories of chocolate, or 200 calories of fruit, yogurt and granola. The chocolate won't sustain you as long, or give you as much nutrition. Once in a while I say go for it. What is the point of living if you can't enjoy it. However as the saying goes, moderation is the key, and make the healthiest choices you can most often.
  • Charger440
    Charger440 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    Bottom line no matter what you hear on here is this: eat what makes you happy.