Little Known Weight Loss Tips!!

Options
Hey everyone, I just wanted to know if anyone knows any little known weight loss tips.

For example, I was watching a documentary this morning and it claimed that consuming low fat high calcium foods (and drinks) can help you absorb less fat because the calcium can bind with the fat and help to excrete more fat from your body (btw the documentary was called 10 Things You Need to Know About Weight Loss). I also learned that soup (with all the ingredients blended together into a nice thick consistancy) can help you stay fuller for longer.

Soooo I was just wondering if anyone knew any useful weight loss, appetite, or fitness tips!!

Replies

• korgscrew
    korgscrew Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I've seen this and it was interesting!

Dont understand the soup one though. Surely a glass of water after a meal would do the same thing?
  • korgscrew
    korgscrew Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Oh! And try having lemon or lime slices in hot water!

Apparently helps weight loss and helps with muscle water retention :-)
  • Strive2BLean
    Strive2BLean Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Here's a weight loss tip. Eating 100 calories worth of lean protein like chicken will keep you satisfied longer than eating the same amount of calories in carbohydrates like bread.
  • MaryKatU
    MaryKatU Posts: 146
    Options
    I don't know if this works for everyone but coffee fills me up. I'll have some in the afternoon when I start getting hungry and it holds me over until dinner.
  • jmgj27
    jmgj27 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    You should always wait at least twenty minutes after you eat before you go down the dessert or seconds route. It takes longer than you think for your body to register 'full'!
  • ItsLessOfMe
    ItsLessOfMe Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I've heard eating monounsaturated fats can help reduce the fat in you belly
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    I don't know if this works for everyone but coffee fills me up. I'll have some in the afternoon when I start getting hungry and it holds me over until dinner.
    Coffee ALWAYS helps me! It curbs the appetite for sure!
  • wildon883r
    wildon883r Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Pistachio's help us get rid of belly fat among other tremendous health benifits. I eat 1-2 servings EVERY day.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options

It's actually the caffeine in the coffee, it's an appetite suppressant. :)
  • MDarker
    MDarker Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Just heard this one today that i'm gonna try out. Count your age in between bites. So for me count 27 seconds in between each bite of food!
  • b1delane
    b1delane Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    If you feel hungry and you just recently ate try drinking 8oz of water and wait 15 mins. If you are not hungry after then you were just dehydrated and should up your water intake!
  • b1delane
    b1delane Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I've heard eating monounsaturated fats can help reduce the fat in you belly

Try your best to stay away from monosat. carbs they can actually cause more bloating in your mid section
  • Missy123556
    Missy123556 Posts: 80
    Options
    I used to drink a ton of (nonfat) milk and was always very thin, and later on I read that calcium suppresses the appetite.
  • vpurser1
    vpurser1 Posts: 7
    Options
    +1 on the coffee to curb appetite... I drink some with my between meal snacks (veggies/nuts/fruit) before and after lunch.
  • ivyjbres
    ivyjbres Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Both a weight loss tip and a college survival tip: Make at least one elective each semester a PE credit. They don't give you homework, you get your workout in, and working out regularly helps with stress (which you'll need desperately the week before finals!).
  • lizzybethclaire
    lizzybethclaire Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Even on the days where you "blow it" always count your calories. It helps keep things in perspective. I overdid it one night on spaghetti and puff pastry (yum), but seeing it encouraged me to keep trying. I did an extra workout and just made sure to eat right over the new few days. Also, it is okay to sometimes go over your calories. Make sure to build some junk into your diet. Everyday this week I have had 3 to 6 cookies. I count the calories under snacks. My dinner was a little smaller, but it was worth getting to have the cookies I was craving. Biggest tip: Cereal is your best friend. It is relatively low in fat and calories and usually a serving of cereal is 1 cup which is a decent size. I love Fiber One honey nut clusters. It is yummy, filling, and has a ton of fiber. Oh, and another great tip: eat as much fiber as you can. It helps keep you full. Another tip: try not to eat fat free things. They are usually made of crappy and don't really satisfy. I love reduced fat Kraft 3 cheese ranch dressing. Oh, and always drink tons and tons of water. Reduce your soda intake. It just inflates your belly and then you end up being really hungry later on.
  • cowlover22
    cowlover22 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Well dont know if this is true, but I noticed all my thin co workers drank milk everyday..so I tried it and it helped me. Also drink a big glass of water before you eat. Eat bulky foods to fill you up..salads and vegy. Kepp carrots and celery sticks accessable so when you want something you can just grab them instead of something not so healthy. Dont keep junk food around..if it is there you will be tempted and lastly eat slow...........
  • Kiwi_09
    Kiwi_09 Posts: 65
    Options
    Well dont know if this is true, but I noticed all my thin co workers drank milk everyday..so I tried it and it helped me. Also drink a big glass of water before you eat. Eat bulky foods to fill you up..salads and vegy. Kepp carrots and celery sticks accessable so when you want something you can just grab them instead of something not so healthy. Dont keep junk food around..if it is there you will be tempted and lastly eat slow...........

The part about not keeping junk food around is huge. Especially since I live in a rural area so the corner store closes at 6. If I feel like having candy/snacks late at night I can't unless I want to drive 30 minutes to the city. I don't buy any snacks at the grocery store anymore. I'll usually have some fruit or raw veggies as a snack instead when I'm wanting to munch something.