Jillian Michaels 6-Week six pack any good?

Options
I am looking to tone my mid-section and have visible abs. I currently do crunches, using the workout machines, at the gym. As well as other strength training for other areas (e.g leg lifts). I know that abs "start in the kitchen" but I already have a pretty low bf % (19 I think?) and am already on the very low end of a healthy BMI. So I am wondering, if you've tried this workout, if it is worth it and if it has noticeable results?

Replies

• newblue95
    newblue95 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I personally didn't like this workout at all. I didn't feel anything through most of it, my abs weren't burning at all.
    I highly recommend the hasfit.com 30 day to six pack abs program. Its only 5-10 minutes a day, 5 times a week and it has a calendar. It's on their website and the videos are linked to youtube. Very convenient! My abs are always burning and I'm already seeing results on day 8!
  • pianoplaya94
    pianoplaya94 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    newblue95 wrote: »
    I personally didn't like this workout at all. I didn't feel anything through most of it, my abs weren't burning at all.
    I highly recommend the hasfit.com 30 day to six pack abs program. Its only 5-10 minutes a day, 5 times a week and it has a calendar. It's on their website and the videos are linked to youtube. Very convenient! My abs are always burning and I'm already seeing results on day 8!

Great thanks! I'll check it out!
  • mistib1229
    mistib1229 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    newblue95 wrote: »

I second the hasfit program! I love that it's quick and targets the specific area. All of their videos are great though :)
  • OxfordDVM
    OxfordDVM Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have done several Jillian workouts and this is not one of my favorites. There is one long circuit that repeats once. I think I like her videos with shorter circuits better. (Three different "short" circuits of 30DS or Ripped, instead of one "long" circuit repeated like this one).

I will also check out hasfit.com. Thanks!
  • Immerito
    Immerito Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I am looking to tone my mid-section and have visible abs. I currently do crunches, using the workout machines, at the gym. As well as other strength training for other areas (e.g leg lifts). I know that abs "start in the kitchen" but I already have a pretty low bf % (19 I think?) and am already on the very low end of a healthy BMI. So I am wondering, if you've tried this workout, if it is worth it and if it has noticeable results?

Visible abs are produced by losing body fat---and your body will decide where to lose fat next. No workout will spot reduce fat; exercise is for health and strength, diet is for abs.
  • Immerito
    Immerito Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I haven't done this specific workout, but you may find this helpful:
    First, before anyone takes offense, I'm a Jillian fan. I absolutely love No More Trouble Zones and Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism. I cannot say enough about those 2 workouts. I wanted a workout that was strictly abs to supplement on the days I do outdoor cardio. I have pretty strong abs and am sick enough to actually like working them. So of course I bought Jillian's ab workout!

Except it's not really an ab workout. Sure there's ab work, but it's pretty fast paced cardio. I didn't need or want that. I wanted to go nuts on my abs a few days a week. I get that you have to do cardio to burn the fat off in order to see the ab muscles, but I take care of that with other work outs.

People have mentioned before that in some of Jillian's workouts, she goes so fast that it's easy to get injured. I consider myself intermediate-just touching into advanced, so I wasn't worried about that. Well, I was wrong (maybe I'm not as close to advanced as I thought). I can handle burpees, but with the fast paced ones, that wierd spider thing, wild warm ups, and all the other oddities in this workout, before I knew it, I had strained a calf muscle. Now that plain hurts! Not to mention, thanks to this unnecessary injury, my cardio and lower body work had to be severely modified for 3 weeks. That meant a half inch gain to my waistline. =-O Fortunately, NMTZ & BFBM took care of that once I was able to really get into it again.

I gave it 3 stars, because I think it could be a good workout if you weren't really doing cardio, or if you just want it as part of a larger rotation. That's not what I was looking for.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/R5YNORJ49LZB5/ref=cm_cr_pr_viewpnt?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B0042AGNB4#R5YNORJ49LZB5