What a way to kick off 2009!

Options
Every year I always resolve to "lose weight", however, since I'm never very specific about my weight loss expectations anywhere that I can see, I tend to set unrealistic standards (and sometimes unhealthy ones too) and then wind up feeling like a failure when I don't meet them.

This year, I opted to do it the smart way, and I chose this site as one of the ways to both help me set my goals in a visible manner, and to find a support network of people also trying to lose weight!

I am 27 years old, and have for most of my life been very thin and active. I was actually under weight until I hit 22 when I finally reached 110 lbs, and I maintained that weight with plenty of physical activity (dancing, dancing, dancing and Tai Chi!). Since I stopped going to college, and have settled into what I affectionately call the "comfort zone". The fact is, I find it harder and harder to get active, and even harder still to motivate myself! Here's hoping that this site helps!

Cheers!

~Cadence~

Replies

• GirlMeetsNeedle
    Options
    Every year I always resolve to "lose weight", however, since I'm never very specific about my weight loss expectations anywhere that I can see, I tend to set unrealistic standards (and sometimes unhealthy ones too) and then wind up feeling like a failure when I don't meet them.

This year, I opted to do it the smart way, and I chose this site as one of the ways to both help me set my goals in a visible manner, and to find a support network of people also trying to lose weight!

I am 27 years old, and have for most of my life been very thin and active. I was actually under weight until I hit 22 when I finally reached 110 lbs, and I maintained that weight with plenty of physical activity (dancing, dancing, dancing and Tai Chi!). Since I stopped going to college, and have settled into what I affectionately call the "comfort zone". The fact is, I find it harder and harder to get active, and even harder still to motivate myself! Here's hoping that this site helps!

Cheers!

~Cadence~
  • punka274
    punka274 Posts: 895
    Options
    Wow...ive never been the first to welcome a new member:blushing:

Welcome,Welcome,Welcome...greenstars.gifgreenstars.gif
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP Cadence
  • Juliebean_1027