um... help?

Options
2»

Replies

• RazzTjazz
    RazzTjazz Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Love to prepackage in a zip lock or favorite container into 100 or 150 calorie portions. It also helps keep "others" from binging on the snacks when they have to "open" each container. (I did this with our chips once. My hubby didn't go crazy eating when he had to open each baggie I put in the chip bag of pre-portioned chips)

There's a bar I buy called Trio which looks like all nuts but it's ACTUALLY GOOD.

Apple slices and Peanut Butter

fruit cups

lettuce and meat roll ups (or lettuce and cheese) -just use one slice of meat

Spring Rolls from Costco- Vegitarian-Veatnamese style -really good even though I like meat. (frozen) Pre-cook and carry. The really cool thing is that there is a LOT in the box and it can last a long time. (I think the box holds 50)

I've also been experimenting with making fresh rolls. See You Tube for directions. Need wrappers and veggies and time to pre assemble but otherwise, easy to carry on the go.

Sometimes you can freeze things too that will be ready to eat in the afternoon by the time it thaws.
  • RazzTjazz
    RazzTjazz Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Gas could be related to a lactose intolerance. (ie sugar in milk) It is very common as people age.
    Some have to cut out all milk and dairy. (can also include things like cheese, ranch flavored, chocolate, etc)
    Others are able to just cut out drinking milk.
    There are great alternatives such as soy milk, rice milk, almond milk.
    One of many websites. http://www.lactoseintolerant.org/
    And no, you can't cure it so don't believe any websites that say different.

Constipation could be related to above but also look at your water intake. Other foods can cause constipation like beans, or foods with lots of iron. Not having enough veggies or fiber can be an issue also.
  • liveyourlifex
    liveyourlifex Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    i love to get foods that are already portioned out for me because if i eat out of the bag, i will eat the whole bag, no doubt. no matter how full i am, i will finish the bag :( i like to get the 100 calorie chex mix. it looks small but its really good. i also like to get the 90 calorie fiber one bars. or the 120 calorie antioxidants chewy bars. i also have 100 calorie pretzel stix, 80 calories mott's all natural fruit snacks, 80 calorie lite & fit nonfat yogurt, these 40 calorie drinks (its all natural and made with kane sugar. im not sure what its called - sorry!), 100 calorie almond packs, 100 calorie craisins, and apple sauce! hope this helps!! :)