weight gain

Options
Becca21
Becca21 Posts: 361 Member
Im due my weigh in on monday but had a peack just and im up 2lb but have lost some inches from my body?
whys this

Replies

• xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    bloat
  • drasr
    drasr Posts: 181
    Options
    Fat is being replaced by muscle. Time to celebrate :)
  • Becca21
    Becca21 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Fat is being replaced by muscle. Time to celebrate :)

Oh I do hope so.
  • drasr
    drasr Posts: 181
    Options
    Losing inches is a NSV [Non Scale Victory]
    If your clothes are looser but you are gaining weight, most likely possibility is gaining muscle.
  • DustinReiner
    DustinReiner Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Bloating, water weight. It happens to all of us. I had a mean a few days ago, high in sodium and I'm paying for it for four days. Humidity does it to me sometimes.

As long as your following your diet and your noticing a change I wouldn't worry to much about it.
  • SkinnyLizzy1986
    SkinnyLizzy1986 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    It does look like fat is being replaced by muscle. I hope you have recorded your measurements and this will help you to keep motivated when the weidht does not seem to be coming off. I try to weigh myself at the same time each week. I.e Saturday morning before breakfast. Tempting as it is to peek earlier in the week it can work two ways. It can motivate you to work harder or put a downer on the day because you have tried so hard it is difficult to see how you havent lost anything or even gained a pound or two. I had a peak earlier this week and had gained a pound. However I weighed in this morning & have lost one pound.

If you are doing a lot of excersise do be sure to eat at least some of the extra calories you have earnt. Everyone is different -I find if I dont eat some of these calories my weight gain stalls.

Keep it up- as you are losing inches you are clearly doing really well. Good Luck