booooo motivation killer

Options
Just saw my MIL and a few cousins today that I havent seen in a couple of months. I know I haven't lost *that* much but if I look at pictures I think I can see a difference between then and now. But nobody mentioned anything... just kind of makes me feel like a failure.
Also, does anyone else hate the way that they "wear their weight"? I see some others post with their weight, the same or higher than mine, who just seem to "wear it" so much better.

Replies

• ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    Tone, tone, tone. :flowerforyou:

P.S. You do look great.
  • HannahPastoor
    HannahPastoor Posts: 303
    Options
    You look great!
  • ironman1960
    ironman1960 Posts: 13
    Options
    Don't feel bad about it. After I lost weight, people were really funny about it. They either blatantly said something or said nothing. I figured out later people thought I might be really sick. ( I lost 80 lbs in 9 months). Anyways, 3 years later I'm still here, now they just say wow you sure look good and ask me how I did it. PS. Family gets jealous easily...(I'm from a big family and rarely hear positive comments, except from my sister in laws)
  • guppygirl322
    guppygirl322 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    omg don't worry about it, you look amazing! And btw you wear your weight better than I wear mine any day, lol. I only have one friend who has commented on the nearly 20 pounds that I've lost, and that's only because she and I are always talking about health and diet etc. No one else has said a thing.
  • Missy123556
    Missy123556 Posts: 80
    Options
    Don't feel bad about it. After I lost weight, people were really funny about it. They either blatantly said something or said nothing. I figured out later people thought I might be really sick. ( I lost 80 lbs in 9 months). Anyways, 3 years later I'm still here, now they just say wow you sure look good and ask me how I did it. PS. Family gets jealous easily...(I'm from a big family and rarely hear positive comments, except from my sister in laws)

This!! The only comments my mother in law and family have made (they didnt say a word about it today) but usually its something like
    them: "are you doing okay?"
    me: "yea... why?"
    them: "it seems like you're not able to afford groceries...
  • victoriashea
    victoriashea Posts: 112
    Options

This!! The only comments my mother in law and family have made (they didnt say a word about it today) but usually its something like
    them: "are you doing okay?"
    me: "yea... why?"
    them: "it seems like you're not able to afford groceries...
    That's HILARIOUS! I've heard almost the exact same thing from my family! Like, really guys? I have abs for the first time ever... you think that comes from starvation?
    Haha, oooh family... Gotta love 'em!
  • misscristie
    misscristie Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    The last time I went back home (to VA, live in TX now), no one in my family said a word about how much weight I had lost - and it was considerable. I cried and cried. Then I saw my MIL and she kept telling me how great I was doing.

Going back this summer hopefully and I'll be down (hopefully) 90+ pounds. If they don't say anything this time, I think I'm going to go balistic. LOL.
  • Missy123556
    Missy123556 Posts: 80
    Options
    The last time I went back home (to VA, live in TX now), no one in my family said a word about how much weight I had lost - and it was considerable. I cried and cried. Then I saw my MIL and she kept telling me how great I was doing.

Going back this summer hopefully and I'll be down (hopefully) 90+ pounds. If they don't say anything this time, I think I'm going to go balistic. LOL.

aww I'm sorry! Thats an AMAZING weight loss! On behalf of your oblivious family.... GOOD JOB GIRL! I don't know why its so hard for some people to give compliments! I guess I shouldnt take it too personally though, because come to think of it, they didnt even say anything about my hair, which I just changed from long and dark brown, to short and blonde!
  • Namaste1983
    Namaste1983 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    No one noticed until i dropped 50. My stepmom was oblivious till 75+ pounds. When she finally noticed she said "oh, i wasnt sure if you were going to keep it off, so i didnt want to bring it up" fail. two years later and 220 pounds off we have come to an understanding. I know what im doing :)
    Be proud of yourself. Even if they dont notice. You earned it!
  • KarenLouise1981
    Options
    Ah in-laws...mine was the deciding factor for this journey when she asked me "so Karen, are you pregnant because some of the family think you have put weight on"!!! Really?? I am 5'6 and weight about 69kg but I got my own back when she later commented on how how skinny I look now (we can't win - lets face it) and I blamed her son for the rubbish he eats when he is home!! I have come to realise that friends and family-natural and inlaws only comment when they appear better than us because when we look awesome, jealousy gets in the way of compliments. It is only my college friends who continually tell me I look fantastic because I am not a threat to them! You look fantastic, and your inlaws know it! x
  • kendf60
    kendf60 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I didn't get any comments on my weight loss until I hit 30lbs.. Now, at 70lbs lost, I get a lot when I see family or friends that I haven't seen in a while. I rarely commented on other peoples weight loss before going through it myself. I guess I didn't realize how great it makes people feel when their hard work is noticed.
  • erikanunns
    erikanunns Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Must admit though - the last time I commented on a persons weight loss - she informed me (nicely) that she was undergoing treatment for cancer.
    Felt that the floor could have opened up and sucked me in on that one.... but then again we had a pretty good conversation about it.
    :)