I'm new here and from the UK

Sarah_uk
Sarah_uk Posts: 209
edited September 27 in Introduce Yourself
Hi everyone,

This is the first time I've been on this message board.

I have been using the Iphone app of myfitnesspal for quite some time now and it really helps me to lose weight and keep track of everything.

I am Yasmine, I'm 27 and from the UK. After I had children my weight just ballooned :noway:

When I started I was @142 kg/313 pounds. Right now I weigh 123.6 kg/272 pounds. My goal is 74.9 kg/165 pounds which is a good weight for my 1.77m/5ft10 frame. :smile:

I'm on a 1700-1800 calorie diet most days and I try to exercise 5 times per week on my Xbox Kinect. (EA Active 2)

I'm hoping to meet some friends from the UK to keep me motivated,because I do mess up some days,because of lack of motivation. I do try to give myself 1 day a week off the diet to try to keep me sane.

I know it will take time to reach my goal weight,but at times it can seem like a never ending journey.

Replies

• leslturn8
    leslturn8 Posts: 505 Member
    Good luck on your journey!
  • david081
    david081 Posts: 489 Member
    Hi Yasmine! I live at Holyhead, North Wales. Been on here since January and lost 26lbs so far - friend me if you like...
  • badblood
    badblood Posts: 43 Member
    Hi Yasmine, I am from the North East and have found the app and site excellent. Feel free to add me as a friend
  • ceirawillsucceed
    ceirawillsucceed Posts: 519 Member
    Hi i live in london. good luck losing your weight.
    feel free to add me if you like.
  • Leanne1795
    Leanne1795 Posts: 186
    Hi, I'm in Milton Keynes and quite happy to have anyone friend me. I am doing Atkins and loving it!
  • KJ7777
    KJ7777 Posts: 47 Member
    Hi,

Im from the midlands in the UK. Souds like your doing great. Keeps going you'll get there & we're all in the same boat :)
  • caitlinsmum
    caitlinsmum Posts: 55 Member
    HI there, I'm from Kent ..please feel free to add me as a friend. I haves lost 3st 3lbs in the last 7 months and I'm working on losing the last 10lbs.
  • frannyannemum
    frannyannemum Posts: 142
    HI,

I am from Burnham on Sea in Somerset. Looks like you are doing a really good job at the moment. This website is fantastic with supportive friends who do not judge and are always there for you. I am exactly the same as you, I absolutely ballooned once I had my children but there is hope :)

Good luck with your weight loss venture.

P.S. Please feel free to add me as a friend :happy:
  • Hi, sounds like you are similar to me! I am in Peterborough by the way, I'll add you ;D
  • Qattusa
    Qattusa Posts: 139 Member
    Hello! Nice to meet you! I am pretty new here myself and need to start taking this losing weight business seriously. I have tried before, but it's all been kind of half hearted. This time, I have utmost determination as I hate looking at myself in photos! I'll add you to my friends, it would be so fantastic if we could motivate each other!

Speak to you soon!

Liz :smooched:
  • wenders123
    wenders123 Posts: 338 Member
    Hi there from Wakefield, Yorkshire.

Been on here actively since Jan, and lost 37.5 lbs so far. It's really the best tool for food tracking and the added bonus of making friends really helps with the motivation. I'm officially an addict!!

Let me know what do you think of Sports Active 2 - it has mixed reviews so not sure whether to buy or not. I have the 'more workouts' version and thought it was brilliant.

Wendy:bigsmile:
  • albali
    albali Posts: 225 Member
    Hi
    I'm Alison and I'm in Bedfordshire. I've been on here nearly 4 weeks. We can motivate each other.
  • Sarah_uk
    Sarah_uk Posts: 209
    Hi there from Wakefield, Yorkshire.

Been on here actively since Jan, and lost 37.5 lbs so far. It's really the best tool for food tracking and the added bonus of making friends really helps with the motivation. I'm officially an addict!!

Let me know what do you think of Sports Active 2 - it has mixed reviews so not sure whether to buy or not. I have the 'more workouts' version and thought it was brilliant.

Wendy:bigsmile:

EA Active 2 is great!!
    It's amazing what you can do without going to the gym. I'm too shy to go to the gym and couldn't really fit it in anyway (because of the kids).

I don't really like the set EA Active workouts,because I just don't like some exercises(like stomach exercises/push ups),but I create my own workout.

This way I only do things I like, I stay motivated and I don't find it difficult to start.

I usually do some running, then football, then weight training (arms), then again some running,some more weights etc,some more running/football and so on.

I usually burn about 600+ in about 1 hour(I am very heavy though,so burn more than the average person ofcourse),but I don't always do it for 1 hour,my aim is a minimum of 30min.

My kids love it aswell :)

I also have YourShape for Kinect, which is good aswell,but I prefer EA active 2 because of being able to chose the exercises.

I think that if you don't enjoy what your doing you won't keep up,so it's important to like what your doing.

I will never forget the days after I started though. I almost couldn't walk because of the muscle pain. :noway:
  • Mandz1984
    Mandz1984 Posts: 84 Member
    Hi :D I'm in Ireland, feel free to add me if you want! It's always nice to have more friends and motivation! Good luck on your journey!
This discussion has been closed.