yohimbine

Options
Anybody heard of a supp called Yohimbine? If you have what do you know about it?

Replies

• bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    pieshin118 wrote: »
    Anybody heard of a supp called Yohimbine? If you have what do you know about it?

Wow, I thought that fad died back in the last decade.

What the folks above said, it's not going to do what you want and is potentially dangerous.
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options

dont use it
    And i what i know about it...its dangerous.
  • ibnfaqir
    ibnfaqir Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I tried it from bb.com and it did nothing for me except raise my heart rate. I now take green tea. Doesnt do anything for me either except placebo energy. Yohimbine = Waste of money.
  • pieshin118
    pieshin118 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    So then any recommendations on what supp to take to drop my body fat down to single digits?
  • vismal
    vismal Posts: 2,463 Member
    Options
    Yohimbine is a very specific supplement that can be used to get the already lean folks extremely lean. It's potentially dangerous as mentioned above and relatively useless as a general weight loss supplement. I'd steer clear.
  • vismal
    Options
    So then any recommendations on what supp to take to drop my body fat down to single digits?
    diet and exercise. No supplements needed.

• pieshin118
    Options
    vismal wrote: »
    Yohimbine is a very specific supplement that can be used to get the already lean folks extremely lean. It's potentially dangerous as mentioned above and relatively useless as a general weight loss supplement. I'd steer clear.

Vismal I see that you have made a tremendous transformation. My goal is to drop my body fat to single digit right now I sit on 15% body fat. Do you have any recommendations and or advice ???
  • vismal
    Options

Vismal I see that you have made a tremendous transformation. My goal is to drop my body fat to single digit right now I sit on 15% body fat. Do you have any recommendations and or advice ???
    I answered on your other thread.
  • pieshin118
    Options
    Caitwn wrote: »

Vismal's a good one to ask. You could also consider joining the "Eat, Train, Progress" group on these boards and ask there.

How do I find this group?
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options

Vismal's a good one to ask. You could also consider joining the "Eat, Train, Progress" group on these boards and ask there.

How do I find this group?
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/10118-eat-train-progress
  • Charliegottheruns
    Charliegottheruns Posts: 287 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Yohimbine is the active ingredient in yohimbe tree bark, Native to West African countries. Traditionally, been popular among mature men to increase libido and blood flow to erectile tissue. It's thought to increase testosterone levels. It is found in certain pre-workouts, t-boosting products, and sold as prescription. There have been cases of people dying from taking to much.
  • BrianaDuBois
    BrianaDuBois Posts: 48 Member
    Options

No. Please no. This is a dangerous substance. When I worked as a veterinary technician it was used to reverse some sedation effects in dogs, but the range between a safe dose and a dangerous dose was VERY narrow.

It's promoted for use in men with impotence because it increases peripheral blood flow, but again, it is dangerous.

I have NO clue why it's popping up as a weight loss 'supplement'. I am really starting to hate the people who try to sell stuff like this.

I'm a tech now and was VERY curious as to why yohimbine of all things was popping up!
    OP - I can count on one hand the number of times I've used the med on animals (used for sedation) because it truly is dangerous. Don't even consider it.
  • williamwj2014
    williamwj2014 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    I've had yohimbine in a pre workout supplement before (1.M.R Vortex) it causes your body to heat up thus causing you more sweat during workouts and it can also cause an upset stomach. But I found tolerance to it goes down from the more you use it. Outside of that pre workout, I see no reason to use it.
  • Charliegottheruns
    Charliegottheruns Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I've had yohimbine in a pre workout supplement before (1.M.R Vortex) it causes your body to heat up thus causing you more sweat during workouts and it can also cause an upset stomach. But I found tolerance to it goes down from the more you use it. Outside of that pre workout, I see no reason to use it.

FYI BPI makes 1MR and they just removed yohimbine from there "Pump HD" so maybe they will pull it from 1MR.