Low carb

Options
hey! I'm 22 female, 55 kilos and 163 cm tall.. I'm on a reasonably low carb diet and trying to stay under 70grams of carbs per day. What are you other low carbers doing with your macros out of interest? And what have your results been over a certain amount of time? Mine are great, but wondering if I should try get to 50 grams a day.

Thanks for any thoughts.

Replies

• RockstarWilson
    RockstarWilson Posts: 836 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Its all about education, self control, and how much/how frequent you want to eat. So educate yourself, find out how much will power you have, and what you want your meal schedule to look like.

Personally, my body loves low carb/ketogenic diets. I have a high carb tolerance, so when I go full bore ketogenic, I can consume up to 100g per day and be fine.

Do your research! If you do it just because everyone else is without knowing the science behind it, you are setting yourself up for failure. The lower carb you go, the weirder (and harder) it gets.
  • samisobel
    samisobel Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You didn't answer a single question, just assumed I haven't already educated myself. I just wanted to know some other people's macros and goals. It's always ingeresting to see how other people want to get to their goals, it might benefit me.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    samisobel wrote: »
    hey! I'm 22 female, 55 kilos and 163 cm tall.. I'm on a reasonably low carb diet and trying to stay under 70grams of carbs per day. What are you other low carbers doing with your macros out of interest? And what have your results been over a certain amount of time? Mine are great, but wondering if I should try get to 50 grams a day.

I'm the other gender, 32 years older, 17cm taller and 30 kg heavier. I lost 20 kg largely following Atkins with 20 grams of carbohydrate.

I don't think there would be much difference between 70g and 50g, below about 120g you're in "restricted" territory and unless you want to go "ketogenic" I wouldn't expect a step change.

My protein is usually around 70 - 100 grams a day. ~100g of fat.
  • jascakes
    jascakes Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hiya, I've been eating low carb recently with guidance from a nutritionist, she recommends I have a small amount of carby food with one meal a day. I have an open diary so feel free to have a look!
  • accidentalpancake
    accidentalpancake Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I follow a basic premise with regard to carbs: the more sedentary I am, the fewer carbs I eat. If I'm getting consistent workouts in, I'll have more.

Aside from that, my macros work out to higher fat, moderate protein, and lower carb (primarily non grain sources, with the exception of some rice).