Excercise induced Headaches anyone

Options
Toofussy1
Toofussy1 Posts: 5 Member
:s Hi, I got a crushing headache today after weight training.. I was hanging from the loops doing leg raises when the headache started from the back of my neck up and over to my forehead.
Anyone else ever get these? or know why it happens and how to prevent it.

Replies

• Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Could it be your breathing? Unconsciously holding my breath in the beginning used to give me mondo headaches.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Is it a tension headache?
    I had weak muscles in my back because of a car accident and I would get bad headaches after weight training. It goes better once I strengthened my back.
  • Toofussy1
    Options
    Hi yes it could be both suggestions. Thanks for your replies. Prior to the headache I had been doing heavy back squats. Hanging on the loops was mainly to stretch out. I just read that taking a ibuprofen 1 hour before training might help.
  • JohnBarth
    JohnBarth Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    The only time I get headaches when working out are when I'm dehydrated, but they're different than the headaches you're describing. Definitely sounds muscular as others have suggested.
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    Mine are always dehydration!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    Toofussy1 wrote: »
    :s Hi, I got a crushing headache today after weight training.. I was hanging from the loops doing leg raises when the headache started from the back of my neck up and over to my forehead.
    Anyone else ever get these? or know why it happens and how to prevent it.
    Many people tense the neck area when exercising with weights. Along with bad breathing technique, this can spur on a headache.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    Tension headache or do you suffer from migraines?
  • dreamngtree
    dreamngtree Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    A lot of my migraines start in my neck and upper back. I don't do a lot of shoulder work or other work that involves arms of the head because of it. Sometimes, though, it is something else that triggers the migraine and the intense work in the neck/shoulder area that makes them worse. Do you get migraines/headaches often?
  • Toofussy1
    Options
    I suffer tension headaches from time to time.. but this one was like my head was in a vice intense and crushing. I always make sure I keep well hydrated. I do think tension in the back and neck area may have triggered it. Thanks all for your comments! ;)