30 Day Shred

So... I'm starting 30 Day Shred tomorrow since I've read so much about it on here and it was in my budget.
Although, I have a question...
With my understanding of this I'm supposed to do Level 1 for 10 days and the same with the next two levels. But I was always told to give muscles a rest the next day.
So.. if I done level 1 possibly (if I can) twice a day every other day and cardio on the days I'm not would I still get some results?

Replies

• epj78
    epj78 Posts: 643 Member
    I'm doing every other day with cardio on the off days (some days I'm doing double Level 2 followed by Level 1). I can tell you I'm still getting results. Are they the same - I have no idea, but I'm certainly getting results. I move levels by when I feel like I'm ready - not by number of times I've done it. I moved on to Level 2 before the 10 workouts --- but have been on Level 2 for more than 10 workouts.......
  • jenn_rn32
    jenn_rn32 Posts: 1
    I have this workout and it's tough but you can do it every day. Its a great workout. The first few times I did it I was still shakey for hours after. Good luck.
  • Determined24
    Determined24 Posts: 137 Member
    I am starting the 30 day shred on Monday maybe we can help each other through it I have heard all good things from it.
  • seobstar
    seobstar Posts: 169
    I've done all of Jillian Miachels DVDs and to be honest, I'm not sure why you feel the need to do cardio on an "off" day. the 30 Day Shred has plenty of cardio in it. My suggestion would be to do it ONCE a day, every day for 30 days (like she suggests) and then see how you feel...maybe switch it up next time around (I've done the entire DVD numerous times). You will get cardio, and strength training in a quick 25 minutes and if you do it right, and push yourself you will be drenched in sweat! Now that I'm in better shape, I usually do the DVD and then tack on an additional 30 minutes of cardio right when it ends (eliptical) just b/c I'm on my last 10 pounds to lose and it's becoming harder to drop those last 10. But, when I first started (60 pounds ago), ALL I did was 30 Day Shred, and dropped 15 pounds in the first month doing it.! Good luck! =)
  • SarahJaneDeschamp
    SarahJaneDeschamp Posts: 359 Member
    i started it on monday, day 3 today and boy my legs hurt but i love it, wasnt sure when to do level 2, and hmm not sure about a rest day, maybe i will rest after 10 days on level 1, then rest day, then start the level 2 after that, good luck x
  • reddcat
    reddcat Posts: 314 Member
    bumping to see the answers you get. I am on Level 2, day 2. I gave myself a rest during level 1 because I had to! But, I thought the plan was for 30 day straight. Wondered about rest days myself.
  • bacarter18
    bacarter18 Posts: 48 Member
    I started 30DayShred a week ago and love it! It kicked my butt the first day, and the second day I took a break (i also had volleyball this day and didn't want to be overly sore/unable to play!). I did it the 3rd day (still on Level 1) and it made all the soreness go away. I kept with it, and then there were 2 days where I didn't have time/wasn't able to because of shin splints. Right now I'm doing it except the cardio part, and just adding in my own stretching/weight exercises. If you do the level 1 and want to mix it up, there's nothing saying you can't try out level 2! Level 1 has 3 circuits... 2 mins strength, 2 mins cardio, 1 min abs (something like that) that is repeated 3 times. I recommend you just try it out and see how you feel! You can always do more cardio/strength later in the day if you wanted I'm sure! 30day Shred is just really nice if you don't have much time during the day :)
  • sliceofsarah
    sliceofsarah Posts: 141 Member
    Jillian Michaels has said that as long as you don't do it with crazy heavy weights, it is okay to (and designed for you to) do the whole program for 30 days in a row. I think it is okay to take a rest day here or there if needed, though. I did 30 Day Shred and had to take some days off due to shin splints, but I kept working until I had 10 days at each level. I am not sure if doing the same level twice a day would be that great, though, because your muscles wouldn't have time to build up and become stronger before you repeated the level the second time, so you could miss out on some benefits. If you are really want to do more than one a day I would suggest trying two different levels since the different exercises will work your muscles in different ways (that was a lot of "different" there, haha).
  • TheOnlyMe
    TheOnlyMe Posts: 23
    Hiya,

I started this DVD on the 1st May. And have had a few rest days and had to modify some exercises (jump rope and star jumps) due to an achilles injury. I weighed and measured myself before I started and after 10 days. I have eaten way too much junk food (Takeaways :( my downfall ) over the month so have only lost 1lb but I have lost 1/4 inch off each arm, 3/4 off my bust, 1/2 inch from my waist and 1 inch from my stomach!! So a total of 2 and 3/4 inches off so far!! I'm gonna take a wild guess here and say that if I had eaten carfully whilst doing this I would have lost more lbs and inches lol. But my clothes are fitting much better so I am a happy bunny :D lol.

Good Luck to everyone who has decided to try this, I think it's a brilliant workout!!

xx
  • flukes9
    flukes9 Posts: 78 Member
    I also switch levels when I'm ready, but sometimes I mix it up and get bored of the same routine, so I'll switch early but do the easier version. (By the same token, sometimes I go back to level 1 but follow the high-impact girl, so I'm still getting a great workout). The important thing is that you're doing some kind of exercise each day, but a day off once or twice a week is fine too. Don't overdo it, especially at first. Otherwise, you'll burn out quickly. I love 30-day shred, but it's not my only workout. Sometimes I run around the neighborhood or mountain-bike or even go to the gym. Variety is key, not just for motivation to keep from getting bored, but it's also good for your body to avoid plateau from the same workouts.
  • KaylaKilgore
    KaylaKilgore Posts: 160 Member
    Thanks everyone for the responses! I'll just have to wait until after the first workout and then start experimenting :)
  • TheOnlyMe
    TheOnlyMe Posts: 23
    Just a quick note.
    My first 3 days nearly killed me lol but I stuck with it and on the fourth day when I went to bed I realised I wasn't in pain!!
    So my advice is stick with it and eventually your body will get used to it.
    xx