Body Fat vs. Body Weight in MFP

Options
Is there a way to tailor the MFP diary to watch your Body Fat Loss progress rather than your Body Weight Loss progress?

Replies

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I don't believe so, although you can track fat percentage if you like. (Edit: just go to check-in where you put weight and measurements when you update. It's there.)

How can you accurately measure fat loss on a regular basis? Most cheap ways to do it are not accurate.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    you can add it as something you track in settings
  • sullyxo
    sullyxo Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    I don't believe so, although you can track fat percentage if you like. (Edit: just go to check-in where you put weight and measurements when you update. It's there.)

How can you accurately measure fat loss on a regular basis? Most cheap ways to do it are not accurate.

I have a scale at home that measures body fat as well as water weight, body mass and bone weight. I know it is not completely accurate but it is close.
  • sullyxo
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    you can add it as something you track in settings

Okay, thanks. I will take a look again.
  • Sued0nim
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Tell a lie

Go to browser version of MFP>My home>Check-In>track additional measurements

But no .. your scale at home is not even close to accurate I'll warrant .. but you can track progression over months (not weeks) with one (my scale is out by 7-8%)
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Tell a lie

But no .. your scale at home is not even close to accurate I'll warrant .. but you can track progression over months (not weeks) with one (my scale is out by 7-8%)
    +1
  • sullyxo
    Options
    Tell a lie

Yes, I found it. Thank you.

So your saying track by months instead of weeks with the scale? How do you measure your body fat accurately? I have measured my whole body with a tape measure and used the calculators (also know those are not completely accurate but they must be somewhat close?) and then compared to my scale at home and they weren't far off. Both saying around 26%. I don't need to lose weight, I just need less fat, more muscle (I think).
  • Sued0nim
    edited July 2015
    Options
    sullyxo wrote: »
    Tell a lie

So your saying track by months instead of weeks with the scale? How do you measure your body fat accurately? I have measured my whole body with a tape measure and used the calculators (also know those are not completely accurate but they must be somewhat close?) and then compared to my scale at home and they weren't far off. Both saying around 26%. I don't need to lose weight, I just need less fat, more muscle (I think).

Hi tech

DEXA scan

Low tech

jump up and down in front of mirror nekkid .. if it jiggles and isn't boobage or genitals lift more
  • sullyxo
    Options
    Tell a lie

Hi tech

DEXA scan

Low tech

jump up and down in front of mirror nekkid .. if it jiggles and isn't boobage or genitals lift more

LOL okay. Thank you
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Tell a lie

Hi tech

DEXA scan

Low tech

love it.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    Tell a lie

Hi tech

DEXA scan

Low tech

:D I'm going to do this tonight!
  • TekellaMBird
    TekellaMBird Posts: 5 Member
    Options

Hi tech

DEXA scan

Low tech

I would concuss myself if attempting the lo-tech method :expressionless:
  • Sued0nim
    Options

Hi tech

DEXA scan

Low tech

I would concuss myself if attempting the lo-tech method :expressionless:

Show off :grin: