Drinks

Options
have my nieces 21st and was wondering what the best alcoholic drink would be? Lowest calories TIA

Replies

• catjan
    catjan Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Gin / vodka / white rum with a diet mixer ( soda, diet tonic / lemonade / coke) plenty of ice & keep topping up mixer & not the alcoholic spirit.
    If you prefer beer , try alternating with an alcohol free one. Lots less calories.
    The less you drink the less likely you are to give in to another slice of birthday cake!
    Have fun
  • abstarethan
    abstarethan Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I normally drink wine and I am trying to avoid that. Not a cake lover, so I shall get an extra drink!!
  • rumijs
    rumijs Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    If you haven't drank beer/carbonation in a while I'd probably stay away from that as the carbonation will screw your body up more than the cals! At least it does mine :/ I'd say stick with the wine if it's just a couple of glasses a day (of course my "couple of glasses" can easily turn into a bottle sooooo maybe not the best advice hahah)
  • Redbeard333
    Redbeard333 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I drink more spirits now than I used to, partly b/c 2 shots of whisky/moonshine/whatever gives me the same buzz as 2 beers, but with half the calories. If you don't drink spirits straight, definitely follow what catjan said and mix. Additionally, you could save up a calorie deficit the day or two before and just enjoy yourself at the party :smiley:
  • abstarethan
    Options
    Lol, yes I was thinking plenty of gym that week and save some calories. Wasn't sure how that would work either. But one has to have some pleasures still. Thanks guys
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    i am a gin and tonic girl, or a screwdriver.
    though now it's cider-and I just save up. or I just say screw it and enjoy myself.
  • abstarethan
    Options
    Yeah I might stick to the wine and just let my hair down for the night
  • BradyLady1958
    BradyLady1958 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Sparkling wine....
  • mgotravel
    mgotravel Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    A glass of wine is best.