Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Best protein options for breakfast

Pooh973
Pooh973 Posts: 62 Member
I have a hard time getting enough protein in my day. What breakfast options are best to provide the optimum protein amount? Suggestions please...thanks!

Replies

• Idaharris
    Idaharris Posts: 8 Member
    Eggs are a great option for breakfast! Cheese and Greek yogurt are also pretty good options
  • momar23
    momar23 Posts: 292 Member
    Greek yogurt is a good one. Eggs, oatmeal with some protein powder mixed in. Cottage cheese
  • Muzzoozal
    Muzzoozal Posts: 33 Member
    doesn't have to be traditional breakfast - quinoa has protein, fish, chicken, etc
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,603 Member
    My breakfasts are usually high in fiber and low in protein, but sometimes I add eggs.

If you eat meat, that's obviously nice and high. :)
  • catattack2
    catattack2 Posts: 4 Member
    protein shakes for me
    :)
  • williamwj2014
    williamwj2014 Posts: 750 Member
    edited July 2015
    eggs, tuna, protein shake (Whey protein, just not from walmart) Jennie-O mild uncooked Turkey sausage is amazing and is 220 calories 12g Fat, 28g protein for a 4 oz serving. Great for breakfast/lunch/dinner.
  • the_great_unknown
    the_great_unknown Posts: 194 Member
    I like to make a breakfast banana split with cottage cheese, a banana, and some low sugar strawberry preserves. I'm not usually in the mood for eggs.
  • Xcsn
    Xcsn Posts: 11 Member
    Pooh973 wrote: »
    I have a hard time getting enough protein in my day. What breakfast options are best to provide the optimum protein amount? Suggestions please...thanks!

Eggs are overrated, Greek yogurt is great low calorie/ high protein. Dannon light and fit contains 80 calories and 12g of protein. You can't beat that.
  • KenziesFrenzies
    KenziesFrenzies Posts: 1,014 Member
    I do the Fage 0% Nonfat Plain Greek Yogurt, it's my favorite breakfast protein source.

You have to be really careful with yogurt, especially the fruit-flavored ones, because they'll be just packed with sugar. I sweeten my yogurt like a teeny drizzle of honey (because plain greek yogurt is pretty tart), add blueberries and low-fat low-sugar granola in the mornings. Keeps me full until lunch! :)
  • J383
    J383 Posts: 4,573 Member
    I use Oikos Triple Zero yogurt (22g protein) with fresh fruits/veggies, organic chia seeds (4g fiber, 3g protein, 2.5g omega3) and unsweet almond milk for my morning smoothie. It keeps me full until Lunch as well. I am usually over my daily protein intake. Sometimes I will go for 2 eggs and cottage cheese with fresh fruit. Depends on time. Also make sure your snacks are protein rich. I grab a handful of raw nuts if I feel hungry in between meals.
  • Brimixed
    Brimixed Posts: 186 Member
    eggs and bacon! mmmm!
  • Wrecka31
    Wrecka31 Posts: 15 Member
    eggs, tuna, protein shake (Whey protein, just not from walmart) Jennie-O mild uncooked Turkey sausage is amazing and is 220 calories 12g Fat, 28g protein for a 4 oz serving. Great for breakfast/lunch/dinner.

I've always wondered if the whey protein from walmart was good or not...I buy from a local vitamin shop but was curious....
  • sixxpoint
    sixxpoint Posts: 3,529 Member
    6 Egg Frittatta with Feta, Tomato, Onion, Pepper, Spinach (45-50 grams protein).

Fage 2% or Full Fat Yogurt with a drizzle of Honey (20 g protein).

Proats, or Protein Oats (15-20 grams protein).