A year of Progress....to be continued

Options
alpha2omega
alpha2omega Posts: 229 Member
Hello everyone,
I've been on MFP for about a year now and can say sincerely that it has changed my life. I was introduced to MFP shortly after being diagnosed with high blood pressure and borderline cholesterol level. I required blood pressure medication which was quite a shock for me due to my age. It was the motivation I needed to re-examine my priorities in life and get my health in order. I have worked out consistently for the last 12 years, however, my diet always lacked any real structure. I felt eating at Subway was enough to fulfill the "healthy" diet. Obviously I was wrong. MFP has encouraged me to learn about nutrition and how it affects the body. I no longer need medication for my BP and have dropped my cholesterol levels from 189 to 131 in less than a year. I continue to work hard and have set lofty goals to keep me motivated, however, I gain even more motivation from seeing each one of you persevere no matter the obstacles. Your struggles are noticed and your accomplishments celebrated.....to be continued.

IMG_6678.jpg

05262011-1-1.jpg

Replies

• kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    You look, awesome! big difference!
  • ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    looking good! and thats awesome that you no longer need meds and gained control of your health :)
  • daddeeo
    daddeeo Posts: 33
    Options
    Congratulations on what you have accomplished.
  • thedeegan4
    thedeegan4 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You can definitely tell a difference, especially in your face!
  • Harkins86
    Harkins86 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    That is a really nice message. It sounds like you have made big changes and you look great. Good luck for the future!
  • MoLivesLuvsLifts
    MoLivesLuvsLifts Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Looking good! Keep it up!
  • lhurtubise
    lhurtubise Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    SEXY!!! Great job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!