Weight loss Stalled Help

Options
I am 5'4, 149/150lbs, goal 140lbs, BF:27%, Goal: 24%

I only have another 10lbs to go

I am not sure what to do to get my weight moving again, it's been sitting at 149/150 since June 27th, which I know is not long, but still just a bit frustrating.

I measure my food very accurately, my calories are right around 1445, I usually eat the same thing everyday, that is why really only a day here or there is logged. And if I switch something up I tweek everything to stay where I want to be.

I was considering making my way to maintenance, but at this point maybe that is where I am at.

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    The last 10lbs are the slowest, if you are tracking accurately then just be patient and you will get a whoosh on the scale any time now. How about trying to move more for the next few weeks and see if that hurries it along :smile:
  • tonyalynn26
    tonyalynn26 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    The last 10lbs are the slowest, if you are tracking accurately then just be patient and you will get a whoosh on the scale any time now. How about trying to move more for the next few weeks and see if that hurries it along :smile:

Not sure if I can move anymore! I workout(crossfit) twice a day Monday-Friday, run 2 miles twice a week, yoga twice a week, strongman and lifting once a week, oh and randomly throw in extra lifting with my friend and some extra conditioning(30sec on, 30sec off of either rowing, air dyne, jump rope, or sprinting).
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    @tonyalynn26 you are active already which is great. OK then you just need to tighten up your food logging, weigh your foods, it really does make such a difference to eye balling or estimating. Be patient, calories in/calories out works :smile:
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I can understand not logging because you're eating the same thing every day, but does it weigh the exact same thing every day? For example, I see you logged 4.02 ounces of chicken. Are you eating 4.02 ounces each day? Same for your fruits and vegetables -- are those the exact same weight each day?

It probably isn't vital, because you aren't really stalled (less than two weeks without losing weight), but as you get closer to your goal accuracy becomes much more important because you have less wiggle room for your deficit.
  • tonyalynn26
    Options
    I can understand not logging because you're eating the same thing every day, but does it weigh the exact same thing every day? For example, I see you logged 4.02 ounces of chicken. Are you eating 4.02 ounces each day? Same for your fruits and vegetables -- are those the exact same weight each day?

It probably isn't vital, because you aren't really stalled (less than two weeks without losing weight), but as you get closer to your goal accuracy becomes much more important because you have less wiggle room for your deficit.

My chicken is 4oz, but I can't get it set to exactly 4oz on mfp, but yes everything is weighed out each and everyday at that weight.

Could my deficit be to big?
  • madhatter2013
    madhatter2013 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    I have nothing to add to this post except I admire your logging :smile: Not many people are that diligent.
  • Jacko456
    Jacko456 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    you have been too low calorie for your activity level for too long. do a reset day on your highest activity day by adding in more carbs and eat the calories you burned or more (double or triple carbs). so many hormones are involved with weight loss and hunger. i suggest looking into carb cycling and/or protein sparring modified fast for weight loss. scales also dont tell the whole story mirrors and pictures are more telling. also activity should be used for fun and wellness not necessarily weightloss. the body is stingy and likes to do as much with as little as necessary (efficiency).
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    Time. Patience. You can do it! You're doing awesome :) It looks like what you're doing is working so just keep it up.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Are you netting 1445 or eating that? It seems low considering all of that activity. It reminds me of this article.

If not for your caloric intake, I would just tell you to be patient. 11 days without a loss is nothing.
  • tonyalynn26
    Options
    Jacko456 wrote: »
    you have been too low calorie for your activity level for too long. do a reset day on your highest activity day by adding in more carbs and eat the calories you burned or more (double or triple carbs). so many hormones are involved with weight loss and hunger. i suggest looking into carb cycling and/or protein sparring modified fast for weight loss. scales also dont tell the whole story mirrors and pictures are more telling. also activity should be used for fun and wellness not necessarily weightloss. the body is stingy and likes to do as much with as little as necessary (efficiency).

I just came off of carb cycling(3 low carb, 2 medium carb, 1 high carb, and a fast day), after the second week of no weight change I decided I needed to do something else. I don't track calories burned because I am not sure as to what I am burning during my activities. I enjoy all my activities, well except maybe the running, but I don't hate it!

October of Last Year
    zuvf9cg3iwam.jpg

September of Last Year-Lifting the weight
    8oigyemkygr9.jpg

This year May
    cz069vgey1wv.jpg

Just a few weeks ago
    0jafxku18j26.jpg

And for comparison--First Pic 135lbs, Second Pic 150lbs
    5s2vnats3f8c.jpg

snlyv183a5k5.jpg

• tonyalynn26
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    Are you netting 1445 or eating that? It seems low considering all of that activity. It reminds me of this article.

If not for your caloric intake, I would just tell you to be patient. 11 days without a loss is nothing.

I don't eat back calories, that is my total intake daily

• TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    MyFitnessPal is set up so that you do eat back at least part of your exercise calories.

Anyway, I see several blank or partially filled days. With only 10 pounds to go, your logging needs to be tight and accurate. There's not as much margin for error. Tighten things up.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,718 Member
    Options

Not sure if I can move anymore! I workout(crossfit) twice a day Monday-Friday, run 2 miles twice a week, yoga twice a week, strongman and lifting once a week, oh and randomly throw in extra lifting with my friend and some extra conditioning(30sec on, 30sec off of either rowing, air dyne, jump rope, or sprinting).

I admire your energy level and the amount of exercise you do, but could it possibly be too much? I don't know. That just stood out to me. You look great in your pictures! Do you give yourself rest days for your body to relax and recover?
  • tonyalynn26
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »

I admire your energy level and the amount of exercise you do, but could it possibly be too much? I don't know. That just stood out to me. You look great in your pictures! Do you give yourself rest days for your body to relax and recover?

I have a full rest day on Sunday. I have an office job, sitting all day.

Monday and Wednesday- An hour of crossfit class, An hour later on of extra lifting and 2 to 3 mile run
    Tuesday-Crossfit class and in the evening a crossfit lite class which is mainly cardio
    Thursday-Crossfit lite class
    Friday-Crossfit and hot yoga
    Saturday-Yoga, Lifting class, strongman
    Sunday-Rest Day
  • snowflakesav
    snowflakesav Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Could be a bit of stress from exercise and dieting at work here. Sleep, carbs, mixing up your exercise routine are all things that you should evaluate. By mixing up I mean alternating easy days and high effort and resting at least be day a week. Sleep for an athlete like you is a minimum 7 hours.

Some cross fits are run by really great trainers who understand science, hormones and metabolism...some are just plain nit wits. Hopefully your cross fit trainer is a part of the former. It might be a good time to work with a professional trainer through this issue.
  • Jacko456
    Jacko456 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    to me it looks like you did great. i meant dont rely on the scale look at yourself in the mirror or pictures to determine progress. also you could have leveled off at muscle gain with weight loss. great work