C25K Week 5 Question

Options
Hi! I am currently on wk4d3 of C25K and am looking forward to week 5....to that 20 minute run on day 3. :sick:
For those of you who have done it, did you actually run the whole time? Or did you repeat that day until you could do it? Or did you just say to yourself "I did my best - on to week 6/back to intervals"? Just trying to prepare myself so I don't get too discouraged.

Thanks!

Replies

• WonderNoodle
    WonderNoodle Posts: 549
    Options
    ran it. was so shocked, proud, excited! YOU CAN DO IT AS LONG AS YOU DON'T TELL YOURSELF YOU CAN'T! :drinker:
  • justleeanne
    justleeanne Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I am doing wk4 d3 tonight and I have also looked forward and had a total freak out about that run!!
  • charliebird
    charliebird Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I think you will suprise yourself! I actually found it "easier" (I use the term loosely!!!!) to keep on running than to stop and start again. There comes a point that you can keep going and going! Not saying that the last minute you aren't begging for it to end! You will be able to do it!!
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    You know what? I fretted about that run for about 2 weeks, anxiously awaiting it.
    On W5D2 (8 minute intervals) I felt so good, i kept going .... i ended up running the 20 minutes a SESSION early!!! I was floored.
    W5D3 came and I RAN THE 20 AGAIN.
    c25k REALLY conditions you well. If you find it's extremely hard, slow your pace down. This program is about endurance, not speed. You can always bump up the speed later on. Make sure you run at a pace you can hold up for 20 minutes. It goes by very quickly. It's not as long as you would think. Hit that groove and go ladies :)
  • toadiejones
    toadiejones Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I will keep telling myself that I can do it!!!
  • charliebird
    charliebird Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Let us know how you get on!
  • chattychick
    chattychick Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I totally agree. For me it was (and is) easier to continue running and keep the rhythm, rather than stopping and starting! I think you'll do fine. Remember- don't worry about speed just keep going!
  • westgre
    westgre Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I just did my 20 minute run on Thursday. It was SO much easier than I thought it would be. You can do it!
  • janruffin
    janruffin Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I just did my 20 minute run on Thursday too! I didn't realize it was going to be the 20 minute run. All I knew was that my last run was 2 - 8 minutes runs. So, when my ipod said run for 20 minutes, I couldn't believe it. But, believe it or not, I did it. I ran slow, just kept thinking I can do this and sure enough, the 20 minutes went by before you knew it. I was so proud since I have NEVER ever run for 20 minutes in my entire life. It makes me excited to run again...
  • WonderNoodle
    WonderNoodle Posts: 549
    Options
    remember when you didn't think you could run 90 seconds? you did. you can. you will.
  • Pamela3
    Pamela3 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    One question - are you training outdoors or on a treadmill?
  • jase111
    jase111 Posts: 83
    Options
    Excellent question and I enjoy reading all the responses. I actually just finished week 4 day 3 on friday and was starting to get really nervous for next week. Now, I'm looking forward to it.
  • tannaleigh
    tannaleigh Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I had a hard time with the two 8 minute intervals.... ran the first no problem, the second was much worse.... running 20 moinutes straight is much easier!
  • MtnKat
    MtnKat Posts: 714
    Options
    Good luck! I run that run tomorrow! I'm excited and nervous too. Let us know how it went....maybe we can compare notes :smile:
  • toadiejones
    toadiejones Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Did my first day of Week 5 today and killed it! You guys were right...I'm pumped for Day 3 now!
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    I am currently on wk4d3 of C25K and am looking forward to week 5....to that 20 minute run on day 3. :sick:
    It does look like a huge jump doesn't it? In reply I'll give you a link to something I wrote (just after being there myself) specifically for people in your position. It didn't get any replies, but I hope it helps. :smile:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/249928-for-those-intimidated-by-week-5-of-c25k