"Splurging" on food

Options
I was just logging my breakfast (yogurt w fruit and some peanut butter) and realized that nearly half of my breakfast calories were from peanut butter!
Despite this, I still add peanut butter to most of my yogurts instead of more fruit, because it tastes better, adds texture, and keeps me a lot fuller.
Is there anything you guys "splurge" on?

Replies

• rumijs
    rumijs Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't call it splurging. PB is a dense calorie food but also has nutritious merits, so it's not like it's a health sin. If it works with your calories and or macros then it's definitely not splurging. Now, scooping it out by the handful -- which is what I'd like to do sometimes -- that's splurging haha and Yes, I've done it. PB is definitely a weakness especially when I'm in a post workout energy crash
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I eat nuts and nut butters often. To me, it's not a splurge it's a good use of calories.
    I had yogurt and peanut butter for breakfast for a long stretch. I love the creaminess.
  • jesikalovesyou
    jesikalovesyou Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I eat greek yogurt with a little honey and either chopped almonds or walnuts and I definitely consider is splurging. It's is so stinking delicious!!!

It keeps me full because of the thickness of the yogurt and the texture of the nuts. I am definitely craving some right now.
  • slaite1
    slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    Lots of stuff! I eat plenty of low calorie foods in order to fit in the higher calorie stuff I want. I love crackers and cheese after dinner, ice cream, peanut butter, pizza, nuts, pasta. I could go on and on! If you enjoy it, there's nothing wrong with it. I LOVE PB in my Greek yogurt-it's delicious
  • SchroederNJ
    SchroederNJ Posts: 208 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I plan to splurge on a burrito after my 5k this weekend!
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    I mix approx 100g of greek yogurt with 1/2 to a full serving of peanut butter cup ice cream.(atm, I also eat strawberry ice cream and gelato)

I guess it's kind of a splurge. I don't like greek yogurt plain and I do like ice cream, so...
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt (plain or otherwise, I like both, often find it hard to find full fat plain though) + fresh or frozen blueberries + a handful of almonds (more fun to eat than PB but also more expensive) is a staple breakfast for me, not a splurge.
  • corriebenedict
    corriebenedict Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    ooooh, I'm going to try that. Has anyone tried the powdered PB stuff? Is it worth the hype? The calories per tablespoon are so much lower.
  • rumijs
    rumijs Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    ooooh, I'm going to try that. Has anyone tried the powdered PB stuff? Is it worth the hype? The calories per tablespoon are so much lower.

I use PB2 a lot. I really like it. I got it more so because it blended better for smoothies than regular PB than the calorie difference. That was a perk :)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    beer...actually, i'm trying to keep my beer drinking to a minimum and have been having a couple of perrier (grapefruit or lime) and vodkas for my evening cocktail...way less calories. I splurge on a few beers over the weekend though...you can never take my craft brew away.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    beer...actually, i'm trying to keep my beer drinking to a minimum and have been having a couple of perrier (grapefruit or lime) and vodkas for my evening cocktail...way less calories. I splurge on a few beers over the weekend though...you can never take my craft brew away.

We do trivia at a bar on Tuesdays, so that's usually my beer night. And the bar limits you to 3 beers per night (well, you can drink more, but 3 count towards getting you name on a plate on the wall when you reach 200 different ones). The rest of the week I've been trying to switch to whisky if I want a drink.

Of course, I say that, and now we're touring more breweries on the weekend, so...
  • 123sockmonkey123
    123sockmonkey123 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    perrier (grapefruit or lime) and vodkas for my evening cocktail...way less calories..

That sounds awesome.....
  • KristinaG_is_losing_it
    Options
    flavored creamer....I love it and I can't give it up. Now I buy the little portioned cups and use one flavored and then pour equal amount of fat free original. And chocolate, I buy the 86-88% individual squares and just have one or two at night after dinner and I'm a happy camper.
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    I also eat lots of nut butters, totally worth the calories.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Nature Valley Crunchy Granola Bars, Apple Crisp flavor. O.M.G.

I will never give them up. If they stop making them, I may rob the factory at gunpoint. ;)