Sweet snacks

Options
2»

Replies

• belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    And then the jello sugar free cups because they're only 10 calories and still yummy!

I second the Jell-O!
  • Brimixed
    Brimixed Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    chocolate dipped bananas!
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    mamadon wrote: »
    Skinny cow ice cream!

So much this!
  • quincey92
    quincey92 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem of feeling like I shouldn't eat the biscuit! I think it comes from trying so hard to give it up and now you feel bad if you eat it. My way around this is by making healthy sweet things myself. Like flapjacks - Deliciously Ella has a good recipe, I know it has seeds in but I imagine that they aren't necessary. http://deliciouslyella.com/granola-bars/
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    chocolate rice cakes with pb2. 100 cal rasp. greek yogurt with chocolate chips.
  • mose09
    mose09 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    ChelleE31, I've been on a ketogenic diet for the last few weeks and I love fruit and I miss it. Something I came up with was sugar free jello, 2 tbls of reduced fat cream cheese, 1 tbls of heavy whipping cream or half&half. I like orange flavor with a splash of vanilla extract but any flavor works. Make the jello with 1 cup boiling water and cool off to room temp. Add CC and HWC and water to get to 2 cups then blend it all. I use a wand blender. When it sets up it separates in custard on the bottom and almost frosting on the top. It has about 50 cals per 1/2 cup and the best part is ZERO carbs. Plus the fat keeps me satisfied. I don't really do chocolate so this is perfect for me because of the fruit flavor. I eat it often.
  • dancingbird17
    dancingbird17 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    mose09 wrote: »
    ChelleE31, I've been on a ketogenic diet for the last few weeks and I love fruit and I miss it. Something I came up with was sugar free jello, 2 tbls of reduced fat cream cheese, 1 tbls of heavy whipping cream or half&half. I like orange flavor with a splash of vanilla extract but any flavor works. Make the jello with 1 cup boiling water and cool off to room temp. Add CC and HWC and water to get to 2 cups then blend it all. I use a wand blender. When it sets up it separates in custard on the bottom and almost frosting on the top. It has about 50 cals per 1/2 cup and the best part is ZERO carbs. Plus the fat keeps me satisfied. I don't really do chocolate so this is perfect for me because of the fruit flavor. I eat it often.

Great idea! Thanks!
  • carakirkey
    carakirkey Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Frozen Grapes and Berries. Low cal and the sweetness gets intensified when frozen. Plus takes longer to eat- good for the munchies
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Raisins and prunes. Watch the portions.

For high-volume sweet, try a puffed wheat square. If you are trying to stay away from wheat, try puffed rice or millet instead. I've successfully switched out corn syrup with agave syrup.