Need help with routine

Options
wideturn
wideturn Posts: 108 Member
I need advice on how much to eat, what percentage I should eat what, and what sort of workouts I need to do. I'm in the 127-130lb range and would like to lose fat, tone up - specifically in my legs/butt area. I was wondering if anyone had a routine that really helped them and wouldn't mind sharing. Thank you!

Replies

• wideturn
    Options
    sofaking6 wrote: »

Now, does this include cardio, too?
  • wideturn
    Options
    Great post, btw thank you! @sofaking6
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    wideturn wrote: »

Now, does this include cardio, too?

I do cardio for the calorie burn, but I've noticed that it's helped my endurance and heart rate and all that good stuff. So I would say do it if you feel like you could improve, ie if you feel like you're too out of breath too early and/or have trouble getting your heart rate back down quickly after a workout etc. Or if you do a program for awhile and feel like you have a couple of pounds of fat to lose? Maybe others have clearer advice on that part? :)
  • bmchenry02
    bmchenry02 Posts: 233 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    wideturn wrote: »
    I need advice on how much to eat, what percentage I should eat what, and what sort of workouts I need to do. I'm in the 127-130lb range and would like to lose fat, tone up - specifically in my legs/butt area. I was wondering if anyone had a routine that really helped them and wouldn't mind sharing. Thank you!

I'm in the same weight category at 5'8" and just started Jamie Eason's 12 week plan (free) to kick off my recomp. I just recently upped my calories closer to my TDEE. I'm not focusing on the scale anymore but how my body looks overall and have read it takes patience. Edited to add...I used an average of several free online TDEE calculators and also did the same for my macros. Hope that helps.
  • pmm3437
    pmm3437 Posts: 529 Member
    Options

^ Good starting place. ^

Your best option is a full body routine to gain strength, while lowering BMI. Additional cardio will help you expend extra calories, and provide health benefits.

Calculate and eat at maintenance calories. You will likely shed the last 5 lbs. you have to go for your goal while still making newbie gains in your strength program, without having to be at a deficit anymore.

There are lots of programs out there ... the best advice I can give is to research and find something you can do and enjoy doing .... doesn't help to have a great program designed if you cant find the motivation to keep at it.

For a starting point, try researching stronglifts, strongcurves, or your body is your gym. All seem to be pretty popular around here.
  • Dustinsteven22
    Dustinsteven22 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Your nutrition plays a huge part in this. The right amount of marcos and the right type of exercise will get you to your goal. Feel free to add me.