easy low cal meals

Options
azucker88
azucker88 Posts: 108 Member
Easy, few ingredient low calorie meals, my husband isn't on this journey with me, and he's a picky eater, so I am a short order cook now lol

Replies

• newfutures
    newfutures Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Are you asking for some? if so add me and I will share some of mine. My husband isn't on the journey with me either and the kids are just babies so Im basically on my own. I have several recipes I make for myself and then somewhere in the cooking process I will divide up one or two of the ingredients for my babies food.
  • newfutures
    Options
    what do you like to eat?
  • hactci
    hactci Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I've been doing low carb lately and loving braciole. It's also low in calories incidentally but a little high in fat so it evens out kind of.
    Anyway, 200 calories in ground beef (about 1/4 cup) 100 calories in mozzarella or parmesan. The last 100 calories is made of a combination of tomato sauce/olives/peppers; just a little of each. Its a simplified recipe but I like it enough, and im not that hungry after.
  • azucker88
    azucker88 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Thank you that sounds good, @hactci AND I added you @newfutures
  • newfutures
    Options
    azucker88 wrote: »
    Thank you that sounds good, @hactci AND I added you @newfutures

Very welcome :)
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I use the crockpot section of www.skinnytaste.com. I use the other section too, but if I have to cook for me and other people someone is getting crockpot food.
  • Bree_Travels
    Bree_Travels Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    stuffed bell peppers are my absolute favorite and the best thing about it is that you can customize it in so many ways... when I am craving mexican food I will prepare ground turkey as if I was making tacos and instead stuff bell peppers with the ingredients, place in oven and voila! A very yummy meal... I also like to use brown rice sometimes and mix ground turkey, brown rice, corn and black beans together and stuff but the best thing is that you can add and omit so much to make this meal suit your needs and your families as well :wink:
  • JenMaselli
    JenMaselli Posts: 83 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Salad greens, grilled chicken, Paul Newman's Light Balsamic, and just add whatever extras you want - boiled egg, chopped tomatoes, avocado, bacon bits, bleu cheese for a Cobb. Olives, red onion, light Feta, tomatoes for Greek. If I have the calories available I add a piece of garlic Naan or some homemade croutons. I wouldn't have lost any weight without PN Light Balsamic, it's my secret weapon and miracle worker. Also, you can grill a few pieces of chicken at once and it makes it easy for a quick dinner, esp when cooking for picky kids and husband on top of your own meal.
  • newfutures
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I threw these beans together as a "lets see how this goes" kind a thing. I call it pantry creations lol because I just see what I can make with whats currently in my pantry. I saved the recipe because they turned out really really good. the only things I would do different next time would probably be to use low sodium veggie stock instead of the bouillon cubes. the sodium was way high. the stock would cut that down big time. I would also use red onion next time. maybe a pinch of chili flake but what I made that day is here. adjust as necessary :)@azucker88 you may like this

5 Ingredients Edit Recipe

• 1.00 cup, Navy Beans
    • 8.00 ounce, Onion - Yellow, Raw
    • 1.00 tbsp(s), minced garlic (jar)
    • 3.00 link cooked, Turkey Sweet Italian Sausage
    • 3.00 cube (5g) - makes 1 cup, Vegetable Bouillion Cubes

Nutrition Facts

Servings 5.0
    Amount Per Serving
    calories 156
    % Daily Value *
    Total Fat 6 g 10 %
    Saturated Fat 3 g 14 %
    Monounsaturated Fat 0 g
    Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g
    Trans Fat 0 g
    Cholesterol 30 mg 10 %
    Sodium 1522 mg 63 %
    Potassium 182 mg 5 %
    Total Carbohydrate 12 g 4 %
    Dietary Fiber 3 g 11 %
    Sugars 2 g
    Protein 13 g 26 %
    Vitamin A 2 %
    Vitamin C 6 %
    Calcium 4 %
    Iron 9 %
    * The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.

soak the beans overnight if using dry beans. I used dry. I soaked the beans then in a skillet browned the turkey and part of the garlic but did not cook the turkey all the way through. I added the turkey, remaining garlic and onions to the beans. then crushed the bouillon cubes and stirred those in as well. I then let it cook several hours on low. The beans were started in the morning and ready in between lunch and supper. Cook just until the beans are tender but soft. stir occasionally during cooking. as far as spices went I used a little parsley, dash of garlic salt and black pepper. I needed a no fuss, little effort meal that was healthy and would stretch over a couple days. Hope you all enjoy
  • jfatheree78
    jfatheree78 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I love to broil tilapia with a little olive oil, lemon juice and garlic. It takes less than 10 minutes to cook and I pair it with veggies or salad. Delicious and super light.
  • Cheri1218
    Cheri1218 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Today I smashed up a whole avocado with 2 oz of shredded chicken (and a little salt). Rolled it in a high fiber tortilla. Yummy and filling.