Cellulite

Options
I have awful cellulite on my thighs, so much so that my younger brother always asks about it and I feel self conscious in public. As I lose fat and build muscle will the cellulite lessen?

Replies

• WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    Building muscle helped me the most. That being said, there's still a bit way up at the top of the leg, but reasonable length shorts are more than adequate now to cover that part.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,952 Member
    Options
    Not sure how related this is, but after doing a lot of mostly gardening, but also yoga, walking, and swimming over the last few months, the backs of my legs are a lot smoother. I've only lost 17 pounds thus far.
  • golden6911
    golden6911 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    When I started running regularly, the cellulite I had on my thighs disappeared. No one was more surprised than me.
  • lborsato1
    lborsato1 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Genetics is to blame for whatever cellulite you have, but losing fat and toning up with lessen the look of it, but it will never completely disappear....so embrace it !! ;)
  • shrinkingletters
    shrinkingletters Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    If you're lucky: Yes, it will go away with fat loss. If you're not: You're in good company, most of us have to just deal with it.
  • TehBunny
    TehBunny Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Pretty much everyone has cellulite. Don't worry about it.
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Everyone has cellulite. No matter how skinny. But let me tell you from experience it definitely lessens after building muscle and losing fat. I have decreased mine significantly in the short amount of time that I've been strictly logging & working out.
  • alfonsinarosinsky
    alfonsinarosinsky Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Everyone has cellulite. No matter how skinny. But let me tell you from experience it definitely lessens after building muscle and losing fat. I have decreased mine significantly in the short amount of time that I've been strictly logging & working out.

How long have you been working out?
  • cynzthin
    cynzthin Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Why are you allowing your little brother to make conversation with you about your body?