Don't know how to incorporate exercise into my daily life

Options
13»

Replies

• BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    After I started this post I joined the local YMCA. As a family we swim 3 times a week. I take a water Zumba class and water aerobics. When I can't swim I walk the treadmill or exercise bike. Thanks everyone for your help.

Great choice, not only does it give you a chance to work on your fitness it helps the kids develop healthy habits. Sounds like a win-win.

• Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    4 kids here, two under 2. I work and go to school. I don't like to get up early but I do it every day because I want it. I work out before kids get up. If you're not willing to budge there then you don't want it yet. Your days, evenings, weekends are full. You'll decide which is more important.. and if it's sleep then it just is.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    tomatoey wrote: »
    blondeinnj wrote: »
    Dont need to be rude tomatoey! I was merely making suggestions. Yea take advice from a blank profile.

How was I rude? Oh ok right you posted just before me. You weren't the only one saying that. I think it's not great for people who have trouble in the mornings, like the OP. Sleep really is important, for everything. And actually I'd say people who are shortchanging themselves that way for workouts, with e.g. 5-6 hours sleep a night, are doing themselves more harm than good in the long run, in all kinds of ways.

Lol re lack of picture, I have no need to put one up.

Getting home at 6 each night leaves plenty of time for sleep. Its about priorities and a schedule.
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    Options
    My kids came to the gym with me and adopted a healthy exercise regiment as well. (swimming and taekwondo)
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym at 5 am to lift. I do my cardio at night after my son is in bed. I also have to take my son to school, work, get home, cook, clean, tend to 5 dogs, give my son a bath and put him to bed. My husband works retail and also has a second job he does from home so he is not able to help around the house as much as he used to. But I NEED to work out to feel better and have the energy to keep up. Sometimes the dishes or laundry piles up. That's ok though because the things I deem important (time with my fam and time for myself) always gets handled.

I used to feel guilty missing time with my family to spend on myself so I decided to do it around their schedule. It works for me. I hope you can find some time that works for you as well.

You could always go for a walk as a family after dinner or dance around listening to music with the kids. I think any kind of activity is better than nothing. Plus, involving the kids will start to engrain a healthy lifestyle for them as well.

Good luck!