has the "Wooosh" ever happened to you.

Options
13»

Replies

• 3JinItaly
    3JinItaly Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I lost most of my weight that way. Definitely not a myth. I'd stop losing anything 2 weeks before my period, then have a woosh the week after and I've lost 60 pounds that way... only the week after my period. The record is 6 pounds in 2 days, I think.. but it's been a while as I've been maintaining for a year.

Exact same situation for me!! About 2 weeks before my period starts, I completely stop losing and remain the same weight, literally to the 1/10 of a pound and as soon as my period is over, off comes the 1-3lbs I should have lost from those weeks. I have not even the slightest understanding of why, but it's that way every month!
  • Amunah
    Amunah Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Yes - my weight loss report looks just like a staircase too (aside from a 10 day holiday 'spike', quickly lost). There is normally 10-11 days between wooshes, then I get a drop of a 2lb over the next 5 or so days: after that, back to 'no-change'.

Since my average loss is 1lb per week, regardless of the ups, downs and no-changes, now I am aware of it I am happy just 'wait on the woosh'... I just rode out a 24 day wait (longest yet), so I'm in the blissful woosh stage right now!
  • BlueSkyShoal
    BlueSkyShoal Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I have no opinion on the accuracy of any of the diagrams, but the whooosh has happened to me.
  • KBmoments
    KBmoments Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping for a whoosh... I've been diligent for the past 3 weeks, but the scale fluctuates 2-3 lbs UP every other day or so. Trying really hard to stay positive and not get the defeated feeling and quit!
  • StacyJ8888
    StacyJ8888 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I had a 10 pound wooosh the night before I started logging on MFP. I just had an 8 pound wooosh after a week long stall and a horrendous cheat day full of salt and fat.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    After a two week stall I dumped 4.5 pounds between Friday and Sunday last weekend. I don't know the science behind it but I was pretty danged excited when it happened.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Yes. I whoosh. I noticed it long before I ever heard of it. I asked here, something like, "Do you notice that your fat get squishy and then you lose a bunch of weight?" and everyone told me about The Whoosh and their personal theories.

It is a VERY REAL thing for many of us.

Your fat gets really loose and squishy, like melting jello and then your weight drops and your fat goes back to being regular fat again.

It's so weird that I've had a bunch of whooshes and still, when it gets all squishy, I can't stop feeling it.

The whoosh is not a myth. :)
  • daniwilford
    daniwilford Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »

Your fat gets really loose and squishy, like melting jello and then your weight drops and your fat goes back to being regular fat again.

It's so weird that I've had a bunch of whooshes and still, when it gets all squishy, I can't stop feeling it.

Feeling it with your hands or just a inside?
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »

Feeling it with your hands or just a inside?
    With my hands. It's just so weird and squishy. It almost doesn't seem human.

If it happens to you, you'll know it. It's a "You can't miss it" kind of deal.

The more I lose, the weirder it gets because now I have excess skin added to the mix, so it's just like a bunch of melted jello or some kind of gel in there. VERY squishy. Kind of gross. :)
  • Stewnamie
    Stewnamie Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    alyhuggan wrote: »
    I just lost 5 calories laughing at the diagram

This cracked me right up!