Any 12 week challenges starting in the next couple days?

Options

Replies

• mxmakm
    mxmakm Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    What kind of challenge? There is a "20 pounds by Thanksgiving" Challenge which runs longer than 12 weeks but it is just support and a way to record your loss each week with a group. There is also the "Insurgent" Challenge (of the Divergent series) that is 10 weeks I believe and starts soon but that gives exercise goals as well as other goals. Harry Potter is also starting in a few weeks and that is also for different goals.
  • ssingley13
    ssingley13 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    What is the insurgent challenge, and the Harry Potter one?
  • Nazy_Ak
    Nazy_Ak Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Ooh I would like to know more about the Harry Potter one. What is it called? I will go and search for it :)
  • ssingley13
    Options
    How do you search for groups?? :neutral:
  • ssingley13
    Options
    Nvm . .. figured it out but don't get any search results... just a while screen lol
  • mxmakm
    Options
    Sorry for the late response. Harry Potter is Hogwarts I believe and I think they are starting on the 27th so they should be opening up to newcomers soon. Keep an eye on the forums and it'll pop up sometime soon. Insurgent is at: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/104967-insurgent-challenge-the-second-divergent-challenge

You can read the Rules and Regulations to see what it is about. They are from the first challenge but I think it's similar to the one coming up.
  • ssingley13
    Options
    I I looked through the insurgent group... but I don't really understand what's going on lol Can you explain in a nutshell for me?
  • mxmakm
    Options
    Well I just joined it and I didn't do it the previous time so I'm not completely sure, but it looks like it will have goals for each section, including calorie goal, exercise goal, etc. and you need to hit those goals to get points for each section. You also have a challenge for your own group and a punishment challenge so you can get 7 points total. Everyone is divided into 5 groups I believe and the teams compete and after every week the lowest 10% gets sent to a different group. It should be fun. =)
  • mxmakm
    Options
    And here! http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10206199/hogwarts-weight-loss-challenge#latest
    Hogwarts is now open to new-comers. It was just posted =)
  • ssingley13
    Options
    I joined insurgent and did my app for Harry potter :) Thanks for letting me know about them
  • ssingley13
    Options
    @mxmakm Have you heard anything yet from hogwarts?
  • mxmakm
    Options
    ssingley13 wrote: »
    @mxmakm Have you heard anything yet from hogwarts?

Yes, this morning saying I got in to Hufflepuff! My husband also got a message this afternoon that he has been waitlisted but he applied about a day after you did, yesterday around 4pm EST I believe, so if you didn't get a "waitlist" letter yet there's probably a good chance you got in and the prefect of the house hasn't messaged you yet. I hope you hear something soon! =) I know the waiting period is terrible.
  • ssingley13
    Options
    I hope I hear soon too! I'm sure a lot of people applied. Waiting sucks!
  • asp415
    asp415 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Insurgent starts tomorrow. Be sure to sign up today as it's the last day. The challenge will kick you into high gear >:)
  • ssingley13
    Options
    I'm already in @asp415 :wink:
  • asp415
    Options
    ssingley13 wrote: »
    I'm already in @asp415 :wink:

Awesome!
  • asp415