New to this Site

Options
After finishing with the military in 2005, I gained about 42 pounds over a 5 year period. It happened for a couple of reasons: 1) I no longer had to maintain a strict weight standard so I "relaxed" in that respect and stopped working out 2) In additional to marriage and family responsibilities, I held down a full time job and attended graduate school at the same time. Because I was on the go so much, I was not eating healthy and grabbing fast food on the fly. 3) My marriage became filled with conflict and non-support which had an impact of me. I didn't understand at that time but I do now. SO looking forward, my plan is make taking care of myself a priority along beside all the other things in my life. I am now legally seperated, working out at least 5 days a week, and watching very carefully what I eat. So I hope to reach my goal next year.

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Welcome and Good Luck on your new journey and life. And thank you on your service to our country on this Memorial Day Weekend.
  • jessie7366
    jessie7366 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hello to everyone. I'm new to this site. I have promised myself to get down to a healthy weight. My doctor said my blood sugar is starting to move upward. Somehow I need to keep up my resolve to watch my food intake and get out there and exercise with the spring here.
  • Jonel211
    Jonel211 Posts: 3
    Options
    I joined MFP in March of this year. My daughter, who told me about MFP, has lost quite a bit of weight . She heard about MFP from a friend who lost over 70 lbs. So word of mouth is a great thing! I have told many of my co-workers about MFP also. I have done quite well in the past two months, but am only half way to my first goal. I walk every day and also use my stationary bike. I have never gone over my allowed 1200 calories, but I do usually eat my calories earned from exercise. Right now, I am staying at my same weight, but I have noticed my clothes are a lot looser. I feel so much better. I have read some of the forums and enjoy reading everyones "journey" into good health and fitness. The people here are great motivators and helpers. Thanks to you all.....we are on this journey together!
  • Uk_Yogini
    Uk_Yogini Posts: 167
    Options
    It sounds like it is now time to take care of you ! Good luck on your journey and welcome to mfp:smile:
  • kina5893
    kina5893 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello everyone,

I just found out about this site through my sister, I just had ankle surgery in march but before that I worked out at least four times a week. I have always struggle with my weight since I was little and before the surgery I lost ten pound. Since I have been home, I started eating junk food and not drinking enough water. My fear is that I put back on the weight I lost and than some but I am hoping that this site will get me back on track.:smile: