Weight Loss~Not Motivated

Just came from Endo. Had cancer and I have diabetes. He wants me on a 1200 cal diet. I really don't know if I can do it. This site has me doing 1900! I want to loss 150 lbs. My weakness is ice coffee's from McDonald's. I am at 290 right now. It's the heaviest I have ever been. In my early years I was 125. Uhhh. Even the word diet makes me cringe. Who would like to be my mentor or friend of encouragement! I need a few. I know I am not the only one in the boat of wanting to eat nothing but deliciousness! Lol. Got a wedding in Dec I want to still fit in my dress and if need be have it seamed in not out! Okay, that is my rant! Good day people...

Replies

• galabrielle98
    galabrielle98 Posts: 507 Member
    1200 is not as hard as you think. I have that much. I'll add you :)
  • ManiacalLaugh
    ManiacalLaugh Posts: 1,048 Member
    Wow - 1200? Well, it's hard, but it's not impossible. On days when I'm sedentary (desk job without exercise) I can do 1200 and fill up quite nicely. Just eat lots of protein and fats to keep you full - and since you have diabetes, this will help you manage your carb intake as well.

I get the ice coffee addiction. I don't know if this will work for your carb management, but here's something I might recommend: ween yourself. Start buying your own coffee and use flavoring and sugar. Then, next week, cut down the amount you use. The next week, cut out the sugar, but leave the flavoring. Finally, either take it black or start buying sugar-free Coffee Mate.

"Delux" coffees do hide a lot of calories, so if you can get off of these, I'm sure your calorie count will go way down.
  • April_Marie85
    April_Marie85 Posts: 118 Member
    I just have a coffee addiction and it has to be sweet so i understand what you mean. You can add me. I'm new still trying to figure this out! B)
  • kristi_monster
    kristi_monster Posts: 2 Member
    I too love McDonald's iced mocha. Too much sugar though! I bought skinny bittersweet coffee syrup and make own now, or dress up plain iced coffee, am loving it, lol
  • debsdoingthis
    debsdoingthis Posts: 454 Member
    1900 calories a day is perfectly fine at your current weight. 1200 seems very low to start at. Personally I would be hangry and miserable all the time and would probably give up before long. Being diabetic, you already know you have to keep an eye on your sugars. A small Mickey D's ice coffee should be manageable from time to time. Sending you a friend request. Oh and welcome to MFP!
  • gracygirl
    gracygirl Posts: 8 Member
    You can do it
    1st step is joining here and baby steps
    remember Rome wasn't built in a day
  • taentea
    taentea Posts: 91 Member
    Unless you live a very active life there, 1200 is totally doable. I've been staying under this much for few months now and it really is ok. Don't scare yourself in advance. It's not that bad.

You don't have to give up everything you love either. Don't forbid certain foods to yourself. Concentrate on fitting into your calorie budget and you'll be surprised how some things will just not seem worth it. You won't even crave them anymore. Some things will prove worth your love though. For me sushi, ice-cream, chocolate and a cake mom bakes ever since I was a kid are things I refuse to live without. But then there are cookies, candy, pastry etc that were always just a way to deal with sugar cravings and something quick to grab. I never truly loved them, so when the choice is between one of those and a filling dinner, dinner always wins.

Find your filling menu and then use the remaining calories on small portions of things that you really love. You'll be ok.