Working ackward hours while trying to stay fit

Options
KrisRC
KrisRC Posts: 2 Member
Hi,
I'm about 5'7" and my goal is to lose some weight every week. I don't know how much yet. I was on a diet before the weight watchers plan for about 2 years. Lost about 15 pounds, and I got to the point that I didn't want to count point on everything I put into my mouth. So I tried not to count for about a year..well failure. Gained all that weight that I lost back. I couldn't tell if it was muscle mass or fat i was gaining back since i was going to the gym lifting really heavy weights.

I work the graveyard shift three 12s. My sleep schedule and my eating pattern is quiet different now. Got onto this to help me keep track. If I'm eating too much or not enough since I tend to snack a lot during the night. When I'm off my sleeping pattern is usually off.

I have a husband that can eat everything he wants and not gain a pound. He is a very picky eater usually is unhealthy snacks and meals. So there's always chips and pop laying around the house. He usually is gone 2 weeks out of the month for his job. So when he is gone, I hide or trash the junk food and buy leaner meat and veggies. Even though he is very supportive and try to hide all his snacks, it still very hard to keep on track.

I just want to have some supportive friends that have an idea what I'm going through. To share tips and healthy yummy recipes ideas.

Replies

• tkizz
    tkizz Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm tania. I'm work a graveyard shift as well! Alot of standing in one place or sitting which isn't any better. Lol! I've gained about 15lbs just from this shift alone! My body has no idea what time it is. How do you eat throughout the day what's usually your schedule look like?
  • BexiM89
    BexiM89 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I don't work graveyard shifts. But I'm good with motivation, least I've been told so. Happy to help
  • ABabilonia
    ABabilonia Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I totally understand you. I worked the graveyard shift for nearly three years and that was really hard. Luckily I didn't have wife or kids, so it was somehow manageable. Still, though, my eating, exercising, and sleeping schedule went completely overboard. I went from size 32 to size 36 in no time. Good think that you trying to eat healthy, maybe if you add a little exercise in between you should be fine. Good luck.
  • KrisRC
    KrisRC Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Tania- When I work, my day schedule usually goes down the tubes because most the day I sleep. But I usually take my break about 1am in the morning and have like "dinner". Then after I get off I usually come home and go to bed. I usually sleep until 330 pm or 4pm. Around 430 I usually have to start making dinner so at least i have something in the stomach when I go back to work that night. I try to buy leaner meats like turkey, chicken or pork. For my snacks I have popcorn, nuts,trail mix to help my munches at 10 at night. My sister suggested this website you get your first box free, you get these healthy snacks in the mail. It called graze and I bring those to work with me also. What does your day look like?

I need a motivator especially I work in the health field and I'm on my feet a lot. I tend get lazy when I come home and very had to jump on the treadmill or go to the gym. Sometimes eating junk food is sometimes easier than cooking a dinner also gets me too.