No Pounds Lost

Options
I've been at this for 14 days straight working myself to death! Working out twice a day most days and watching every calorie I eat but I still haven't lost a single lb! This is so frustrating!!!! What am I doing wrong? Shouldn't I have lost something by now?

Replies

• christinehay78
    christinehay78 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    It's hard to tell without being able to see your food diary. Are you eating enough calories?
  • lynnmarie60
    lynnmarie60 Posts: 325
    Options
    Did you take your measurements? I found in the beginning I gained a pound or 2 (muscle) before I started shedding the weight off but I saw a difference in my measurements.
  • Tiffy11011
    Tiffy11011 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I can't see your dairy so I can be sure, if you make it visable to people you should get some better answers. My first guess though is that you aren't eating enough calories.

I started working out in Jan. and since then I've lost 19lbs. I started MFP 4 weeks ago and in those 4 weeks have lost 10 of those 19lbs. So this site does work.

Good luck to you and I'm sorry I couldn't help more, if you open your diary I'd be happy to offer suggestions though :-)
  • nicegrumpy
    nicegrumpy Posts: 12
    Options
    Are you putting your body into starvation mode???
  • bebe3232
    bebe3232 Posts: 43
    Options
    Yes I am eating right at or just a little below my calories.
  • mrphil86
    mrphil86 Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options
    Sometimes pounds is not always a good measurement. Some people loose inches before they loose pounds. It all depends on your diet and exercise habits.
  • bebe3232
    Options
    No , no starvation mode here :)
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    working myself to death

Are you eating those exercise calories?

Without more info like what your daily calories (journal perhaps opened or you post some more like what you eat then what you work out) it's really hard to get specific on what it could be, for me my loss had stalled for a month and then I dropped 6 lbs in a week so sometimes it just takes time.
  • bebe3232
    Options
    I guess I am just getting discourage seeing all my friends posting weight loss and I can't while I am very happy for them its frustrating I am not losing anything. I will see about unlocking my diary.
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    Yes, you should have. If you make your diary public we could offer suggestions. We also need more information like age, height, current weight, current BMI, goal weight, settings (lose 1lb. per week?).
  • thibautseeker
    thibautseeker Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    You're working out too much! You will have built muscle.

Are you charting your balancing of fats, carbs etc too? When do you eat your highest amount of calories? If it's at night then this could be the reason also - going to bed without having the time to digest and use the calories.
  • aurora_boogaloo
    Options
    I didn't lose a thing for the first 10 days or so but I put that down to being premenstrual and then having my period.
  • beerbomber
    beerbomber Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    go to http://i-conquer1.blogspot.com and read article about the scale is your enemy
  • momandboys4
    momandboys4 Posts: 21
    Options
    I just had my weigh in and for 2 weeks straight I have lost ZERO pounds.... I am so sad, angry, annoyed as I have stuck to this 110% and not cheated at all.... I list everything I eat for the world to see am working my butt off more than I ever have in my life and I have lost a pitiful 4 lbs and am starting week 5
    Just don't get it either........VERY sad......Others seems to lose 2-5 lbs in a week..... Hang in there, what other choice is there.....
  • eggrollreid
    Options
    I was like you in the beginning. I knew my clothes felt loose on me but I saw no progress on the scale. I was loosing inches. I also knw that it takes my body about a month to six weeks to say oh this is what we are doing now. Today I finally saw more then a one or 2 pound loss. I finally hit a 3 pound loss for this weeks. I am so happy. Give yourself some time. You may want to just stay off the scale for a while if it is causing frustration. Just let your cloths be the measure of how well you have done.
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    You're working out too much! You will have built muscle.

Are you charting your balancing of fats, carbs etc too? When do you eat your highest amount of calories? If it's at night then this could be the reason also - going to bed without having the time to digest and use the calories.
    It's nearly impossible to gain muscle mass while eating at a calorie deficit. Building muscle is VERY difficult, especially for women, and it requires regular (2-3x per week) strength training.
  • ItsTerriC
    ItsTerriC Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I feel your frustration. I think some of us are just slower to lose, for no apparent reason. I've been at this for 3 months and I've lost a whopping 7 pounds. That's on a good day. Some days it's less. I've decided that the scale isn't my friend. I feel better. I know I have a bit more muscle tone. I'm starting to see some difference in my clothes. Be patient and stick with it. it is hard to watch every one else lose massive amounts and inches while you plug along, trying so hard and not getting anywhere. Think of it this way. You journey may take longer, but in the end you will still get to your goal. We aren't on the fast track, but we are on the right track.
  • HaveWill
    HaveWill Posts: 16
    Options
    Hii. I was also going to post the same thing! I started almost two months ago and I lost only 4 lbs !! It's so frustrating I know but we have to have a strong will and wait to see the difference as long as we are following the calories intake exactly. I didn't start exercise yet but hopefully by next week and I hope it will help. Good luck for all :)
  • helena98
    helena98 Posts: 327
    Options
    The 2 things that make a BIG difference for me are a food scale and a heart rate monitor. Measuring food using cups is never as accurate as a scale. By weighing my foods, I know exactly how many calories I'm consuming. And by using a heart rate monitor when I exercise, I know exactly how many calories I'm burning. I put in all this info in MFP, and then follow MFP's recommendations when it tells me to eat the 500 calories I just burned. I also make sure to stay active all day, since my profile is set to "active." When I accurately input all my calories eaten and burned, and then work hard to never go over my calories for the day, I always lose weight.
  • ItsTerriC
    ItsTerriC Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    The 2 things that make a BIG difference for me are a food scale and a heart rate monitor. Measuring food using cups is never as accurate as a scale. By weighing my foods, I know exactly how many calories I'm consuming. And by using a heart rate monitor when I exercise, I know exactly how many calories I'm burning. I put in all this info in MFP, and then follow MFP's recommendations when it tells me to eat the 500 calories I just burned. I also make sure to stay active all day, since my profile is set to "active." When I accurately input all my calories eaten and burned, and then work hard to never go over my calories for the day, I always lose weight.

I agree. I also use a food scale religiously. I use the calories burned from my hrm, rather than the database amounts. I also try to stay very close to my calories each day. With those disciplines at least I know I am doing all I can to succeed. I do some sort of work out almost every day, only taking Sunday off some weeks. I'm also taking supplements - vitamin d, magnesium and cinnamon. It may take me longer, but I will see my goals realized.