Sweet tooth

Options
misswheatley
misswheatley Posts: 31 Member
anyone else have the struggle of craving something sweet? I do so well then near the end of my day I can't help but have a nibble

Replies

• mamitrano414
    mamitrano414 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    They say shakology helps with cravings!
  • misswheatley
    misswheatley Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Wicked thanks
  • rmitchell239
    rmitchell239 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I have a sweet tooth so yes. I usually just go for a piece of dark chocolate and that is enough, although im not giving up sugar in my coffee.
  • ManiacalLaugh
    ManiacalLaugh Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    Wow OP, I have some magic beans I can sell you if you're going to take that sort of advice. Shakeology is an MLM scam and it does nothing but put you on the same deficit you could be meeting with real food using tasteless, expensive shakes.
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    They say shakology helps with cravings!

Blech!

• crofts0077
    crofts0077 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I tell myself i can have a sweet but first i have to eat steamed vegetables. Often i don't need the sweet once I've had the vegetables.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    A lady in my facebook group "took one for the team" and tried a whole bunch of shakeology flavours. Most of them were blech. Here selfies were priceless.
  • R2Detoo
    R2Detoo Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    What I do is I buy a bag of hard cinnamon candies (or some other variant: root beer candies/jolly ranchers) and I limit myself to one of them a day. So it's ~20-25 calories and I get rid of my sweets craving.

Plus it might just be me, but if I eat more than 1 hard candy (especially jolly ranchers) my mouth gets all sour tasting, so I never have an urge to binge on em.
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    Baked sweet potatoes don't even need butter, much less any sugar. An apple or banana. Fills you up and fills your need for sweets. But if you want to gorge an entire chocolate cake and/or blueberry pie, well, can't help you there.
  • Stewnamie
    Stewnamie Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I had a sweet tooth. But honestly, I struggled and kicked sugar out of my diet in a big way, felt the withdrawals and the cravings for about three days. Would only allow myself to eat nuts or 90% dark chocolate instead of sugar. And, guess what? No more cravings. A tough three days, but I think cold turkey really worked for me. Maybe you could try that?
  • reallyregina
    reallyregina Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Ugh. Yes. If I'm home then I brush my teeth. Kills the sweet craving fast.
  • Raevynne
    Raevynne Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Sweet is my middle name. I'm eyeing a bag of Jelly Bellys at this very moment.......
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Giving up sugars, as much as possible without becoming a strict carnivore, was the only thing that I have found that stopped my sweet tooth. It took a few weeks to kick in.
  • hufnagej
    hufnagej Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Drinking flavored herbal teas in the evenings helps me stay away from the sweets at the end of the night.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    A couple of options -

A. Cold turkey now. Give up sugar for the rest of your life. Because not dealing with sugar now is not going to help you with maintenance.

B. Allow yourself a sugary snack each day. Account for it (log it). This will help you prioritize things. I like sugar too, but I know I can't have it....whenever. I pick out the thing that I want to most. It's usually a 100 calorie snack packs, or individually wrapped chocolate squares....yum.
  • nopotofgold
    nopotofgold Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I have a massive sweet tooth. I try to plan my calories around my treat. I figured that is what I would have to do off a 'diet' if I didn't want to balloon up so why to start know.
  • headofphat
    headofphat Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    There are lots of things out there that will satisfy a sweet tooth that aren't bad for you.
  • sc0rpi0gal
    sc0rpi0gal Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Fruit mentos :-)
    A mini 10g freddo frog 55cal
  • Patttience
    Patttience Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    So long as i remained a smoker, I would have cravings for cigarettes. When i quit smoking, i stopped craving cigarettes. Its been the same with sweets. I eat fruit instead of sweets. I only ever eat normal sweets now when someone offers them to me. That's a rule i've been living by (in short) for the last year and a half. It works.
  • susanna9992015
    susanna9992015 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Sugar free jello with fat free whipped cream!!! Lifesaver!!!