Replies

• cassidyciera
    cassidyciera Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    4vy01ce3f5t8.jpg
  • mantium999
    mantium999 Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Are you looking for 175 grams of protein in one meal??? And those macros equal 1776, again for one meal? Did you not eat at all prior to dinner? Also, looking at your avatar, I am hard pressed to imagine why you have a 175 gram protein target, even for an entire day.
  • cassidyciera
    Options
    No, sorry those are my macros for my entire day. There's no way to get those in one meal
  • cassidyciera
    Options
    That's what was recommended to me by my trainer.
  • mantium999
    mantium999 Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    That's what was recommended to me by my trainer.

What do you weigh? This might be an example of why using percentages for macros aren't always efficient. Often it is suggested that you consume 1g of protein per pound of body weight, at the high end. More often, I am seeing lately .8-1g per pound of lean body mass. Using those assumptions, and looking at your profile picture, I am not seeing a person that weighs 175lbs, needs 175g of protein at the high end, with a 2000 calorie target to ensure that the 175g is equal to 35% of your intake. Most trainers, sadly, don't know jack about nutrition. They advise based on something they read, or bro-science. You see 35% protein targets often, but that doesn't always mean it's appropriate for the individual.