What a wonderful feeling

Options
mrk34
mrk34 Posts: 227 Member
My knee no longer hurts so I decided to do a little running. Got up early this morning and ran around the block. The last time I ran it was a year ago, before the knee injury. I was 46 pounds heavier then.

I thought it would be difficult, because I am out of shape. Well, it was not that bad. I kept running and did not have to stop till I got back to the building entrance. I was running slowly but it didn’t matter to me. The important thing was that I kept running. I know it is not a big deal, because it lasted only several minutes, but for me it was a big step. I am also happy that my knee seems to be OK.

Something else happened, something that I have to share with you. When I was running I noticed that something was different. I was different. I was lighter. I really felt the difference between a year ago and now. What a wonderful feeling.

Replies

• lmr9
    lmr9 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    great job! :drinker:
  • FJMilner
    FJMilner Posts: 407
    Options
    Fantastic...brilliant feeling, well done you x
  • Galathea
    Galathea Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    awesome. you can be very proud of yourself :flowerforyou:
  • lulu1962
    lulu1962 Posts: 210
    Options
    It truly is incredible how great we can feel after losing weight & getting out to do things that seemed like a struggle before! Hats off to you for the morning motivation!!!:happy:
  • FitRodr
    FitRodr Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Every step, every accomplishment is a VICTORY. Slow or not a wins a win. Yay for you!
  • bigsardine
    bigsardine Posts: 3
    Options
    That's fantastic. It's great that you were able to lose so much weight even while injured -- that can be tough when an injury takes away your usual form of exercise. Congratulations :)
  • jeff261159
    jeff261159 Posts: 385
    Options
    well done dude, great to be back on the run (so to speak)
  • Menene
    Menene Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    That wonderful !!! (Big smile ;)))))))))))
  • karenlj73
    karenlj73 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Keep up the good work :happy:
  • deanadimples
    deanadimples Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Congrats!

Slow and steady wins the race...just ask the tortoise!

I just started running and last night I told myself that this week I'm running with less and can't wait to see what it feels to run at goal!
  • beenmb
    beenmb Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    If you/ve ever picked up or thrown a full size ten pin bowling ball that is 15-16 pounds. You got rid of three of them. Yeah you feel lighter! Bravo!!!
  • rnroadrunner
    rnroadrunner Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: YEAH!!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • coquetona
    coquetona Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Keep it up!
  • phy40
    phy40 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Correction, this is a big deal. You jogged, ran or skipped around the block/corner without stopping with a healing knee. I celebrate your accomplishment. WTG!!!!
  • nurse_carolyn
    nurse_carolyn Posts: 348
    Options
    so inspiring! that's wonderful Mark:)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!