30 day Shred

Options
I just started today. (WONDERFUL BURN btw. lol I was sweating like crazy!!!)
I was wondering how people record it into their exercise diary? because there is strength training as well as cardio. My diary is available for public to see, feel free to make suggestions but this was the best way I could think of to record it. I don't have a HRM to actually see how many calories I burn. Hopefully The diary is underestimating.

Replies

• MFP1984
    MFP1984 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I did an internet search the other day and there was a lot saying it burns 180-250 per session.
  • rileymama
    rileymama Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I had the same question and was told to log it as circuit training under cardio! As such, it says I burn 170...it was 178 at first..must decrease with weight loss?
  • Macacadopai
    Macacadopai Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    for me it totally depends! I'd say get urself an HRM it's totally worth it, but before I had one I used to log it as Circuit training, general
  • TNGirlyGirl
    TNGirlyGirl Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I just started it today, too. I'm so out of shape, I couldn't even make it all the way through...but I will soon! LOL

From what I've seen, most people on here record it as circuit training.
  • KaitieBug
    KaitieBug Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    i am also just starting 30 day shred and LOVE it!! i added it as a new cardio exercise and i use my hrm...i know you don't have one, but i burn about 150 calories per level 1 session, at 117 lbs, if that helps.:flowerforyou: feel free to add me as a friend, we can push each other through it!!
  • Ley2ndtry
    Ley2ndtry Posts: 136
    Options
    deffo circuit training
  • Bourgeoisqueen
    Bourgeoisqueen Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Ok...I keep seeing HRM and what is it? Heart rate monitor? how do you edit it in the exercise section? Will it show how many calories burned? I don't have a monitor if that is what you guys are talking about.

weight.png
  • amazing_grace♥
    Options
    Ok...I keep seeing HRM and what is it? Heart rate monitor? how do you edit it in the exercise section? Will it show how many calories burned? I don't have a monitor if that is what you guys are talking about.

weight.png

Yes, heart rate monitor. Some of them show how many calories burned, but again, it is only a guess-timate based on your age, weight, etc. I think that they are a little more accurate than the exericses listed on MFP. I got mine on Craigslist and I LOVE IT!! I enter whatever exercise (bike riding, etc) and then play with the minutes until it shows the calories burned that my HRM shows I burned.
  • crystal9999
    crystal9999 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I added my own exercise and my HRM says that I burn 215 calories at 163 lbs. Hope that helps!!!
  • autiemommy
    autiemommy Posts: 238
    Options
    I am just starting level 2 of the 30 day shred. I am also seeing the calorie burn shift down because of the weight loss. Good Luck with it. I am honestly not sure how to log it either. I average 240 burn.
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    It is Circuit Training log it under that
  • ehedges31
    ehedges31 Posts: 72
    Options
    It is Circuit Training log it under that

THANKS SO MUCH!! :)
  • miriamtorason
    miriamtorason Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I usually burn about 550-650 doing 30DS, as per HRM. When I log it, I log it as "circuit training, general" and then plug in the minutes and calories burned that the HRM gives me.

As with anything, though, a lot of this is YMMV stuff.