EA Sports Active 2

Options
I just wanted to recommend an awesome fitness game for those of you who are like me and hate to go to the gym or work out outside because you are so self conscious of your weight and how it makes you look. I just recently purchased Active 2 for my wii(also available for xbox and ps3) and it is an amazing work out. It comes with a resistance band and with a heart rate monitor so it will give you a cardio and muscular work out as well as accurately track your calories. It will give you a weekly fitness test to *kitten* your fitness level and you can track you work outs over time on their website. In the one week I've had it, I lost 4lbs and I feel fantastic. I had to go through several days of really sore muscles, but that just means its working. I would highly recommend it.

Replies

• Alanismans0n
    Alanismans0n Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I just bought this too! It is way awesome! I am working on all 3 Wii Actives ( Wii Active, Wii Active More Workouts, and Wii Active 2) right now. It is a lot of fun!
  • MrsM1ggins
    MrsM1ggins Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I second that. I've been using it since January on the PS3 and it's my go-to for exercise. So convenient.

I recently bought a set of resistance bands to use instead of the one that came with the game and they are giving me a better burn in some exercises. I'd recommend it once you find the supplied band too easy. I am now starting to see biceps and triceps emerging from my fat arms!

Proper press-ups here I come!
  • autiemommy
    autiemommy Posts: 238
    Options
    Wow thanks ive been on the fence about purchasing it. I have been in Zumba mode lol and the just sweat part of just dance. As well as the first ea active. So thanks. I think i will go buy it today and give it a whirl. :D
  • MisstoMrs2012
    Options
    Hey, thanks for posting this,

Am just on the look out for some new Wii exercise games, am on the Wii Fit Plus at the moment doing the Jogging and Step Aerobitcs and bits of Yoga/Muscle, will go and google this Active game now!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I've been using it since late January, too. Did the 9 week program on medium, then the 3 week cardio on hard, now 6 weeks into the 9 week challenge on hard.

I use 5# weights instead of resistance bands, and I'm thinking of bumping it up to 8 or 10 pounds soon.
  • peteyTwang
    peteyTwang Posts: 250
    Options
    me too i did about two months (10 weeks?) with EAS2 then I started running outside instead and bought heavier dumbbells and extra gear for working out indoors... (1.1" thick 9'x9' mat, Stability Balls, Resistance Power Tube ...)
    i still try to use all I learned about proper form, in fact considerably slower and paying more attention to breathing, posture, form etc now -- still do many of the same exercises (and new variations) but no longer using the game or an HRM to track those workouts