I need motivation

Options
I've started eating a more whole food diet and my family does not like the food. I was just wondering what anyone else did in this situation.
Did you cook separate meals or say were all eating healthier now so this is what's for dinner

Replies

• jojo4everjq839
    jojo4everjq839 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I haven't started this yet but I'm scared to cause if my fam don't like it, idk if I want to cook extra for them to be happy about what they have to eat. It's hard enough being a stay at home mom/housewife and then starting school soon, yeah....no.
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    I have a husband and son that aren't into my "Cleaner" way of eating. I have a teenager....that pretty much says it all, and a husband who's taste buds were killed by the Navy. I have refused to take on converting them. If I am really hungry and I am making a meal that is time consuming then I will fix MINE first then get to theirs. Or I fix part of mine and snack on it as I am flipping burgers etc.
    Sometimes it's easier to put all your healthy food in one section of the kitchen and that is where YOU go for your fixing. It is sometimes difficult to go past lets say Doritos to get to your healthy snack items.
    I go into CHEF mode and just cook theirs. That food is not what my body needs.
    Remember....the most important ingredient in food preparation is your MOOD.
  • jojo4everjq839
    Options
    Annr kudos to you! It takes a lot of willpower to do what you do!! But that is a GREAT idea! I should sort out my stuff away from theirs. That way out of sight out of mind.
  • Annr
    Options
    also if you buy a bag of something healthy, open the bag and portion it all out...(yep I mean count the blasted pita chips) then put in ziplock baggies...and put in a snack container. I have sweet, salty, creamy and frozen snacks. Plain Greek creamy yogurt plus a handful of berries, or a tablespoon of really great preserves or honey works wonders when you are cooking "EVIL things".
  • Annr
    Options
    @jojo4everjq839 awww its mind over matter...and I have 70 lbs of matter I wish GONE. :smiley:
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I'd get the whole family involved in shopping and cooking.
  • jojo4everjq839
    Options
    @Annr true true! I need to exercise my mind to say so to the matter hahaha! Sounds like you'll definitely reach your goal though for sure!
  • jojo4everjq839
    Options
    *no
  • Annr
    Options
    @SherryTeach Thats wonderful!! My teenager would moan a one syllable and say nope. My husband does look at calories and sodium. He spent 20 minutes at the store, after the gym, and bought me the healthiest sweet potato chips he could find, bless him. There is even sprouted chia, and quinoa in them! Went awesome with my peach salsa that I was wishing.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I have worked with teenagers for 39 years and raised two of them myself. Hunger works wonders in getting teenagers to do things.
  • Annr
    Options
    @SherryTeach I think eating for him is just low on his priority scale. He does eat when its items he loves, so I know its not anything about trying to be skinny etc. He is presently 5'9" and about 123 lbs, (I had him jump on the scale the other day). He does have friends that are a bit on the husky side, and maybe he just enjoys being the slim one. He is just pure muscle, no fat on him. He exercises with us every day (either exercise with us or get a job was the deal this summer), by either jogging for 40 min Monday and Fridays, and weight training with his father for 40 min Tues and Thursdays. I don't think 40 minutes of his time to devote to being healthy is being excessive or pushy. It keeps him off his computer!
  • Dustinsteven22
    Dustinsteven22 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    The beginning is very tough. No one will understand why you have decided to eat "grass and twigs." Ha ha. Be patient, because over time your family will see the benefits of your choices. You got this! Feel free to add me!