can I really do it ?

Options
Hi..im andrea a 41 year old from england..I weighed in at 16stone last week and I could have cried as iv been avoiding the scaless for months...its time to do something about it. .I usually have no willpower but my husband has booked us a family holiday to mexico for may 2016..I cannot be seen on the beach as I am..I want him to see a slimmer wife on that beach not a overeating whale...can I really do it ?? Im on day 4 and avoided cake ..can anyone help me ? Xx

Replies

• psucato
    psucato Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Let me be the first to say yes you can . The hardest part if finding a meal plain that works for you. I was able to lose 50lb in one mouth and Im now down 127LB in six mouth, Don't expect these results because i started at 500lb but if you try you can do it. The trick is not cheating!!!! I After seven days your body will stop craving the junk foods and it will be easier. if you want i can send over the diet guidelines that Im using they may work for you. Good Luck i will be rooting for you
  • Renebry
    Renebry Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    You can definitely do it! All you need is a support system, lots of motivation, and to stick to it. I'll add you and we can help motivate eachother. We'll be ready for anything by next May!
  • awallis123
    awallis123 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you id be very grateful for that..im extremely unhappy being fat. I guess I got into the trap of letting myself go because I was just ticking along with life..the truth is..I smile and laugh for all to see buy inside im very sad..im so unfit because im fat ..any support or suggestions would be wonderful thank you
  • Mizz_Mo
    Mizz_Mo Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    You are helping yourself just by joining and logging on to MFP! Having a clear goal helps as well!

I have been on here for a couple of months and dropped one stone (as you would say) - but realize having friends on here to help with accountability is really to the way to go!

Feel free to add me if you like and let yourself enjoy the journey!!
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    once you start hanging around here you will see its totally possible, not merely just to lose the weight, but to do it in a healthy, happy way. Tons of people have done it and are managing to keep it off for years. Read everything, ignore 90%, get a digital scale. log EVERYTHING, 100%. Find what works for you, go slow with changes, adding in things as you can. forgoing cake isn't necessary, but moderating your intake of it is. occasionally find room to have cake.

i lost 100 pounds nearly 2 years ago using MFP guidelines, getting friends, reading.

ETA: oh yeah, and dont allow yourself to make excuses. they all just sound lame.
  • SSeitz775
    SSeitz775 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    You can do it! I've tried losing weight before, but would never stick with it. MFP has really made a difference. The motivation and support on here is wonderful. You can add me if you would like; we will motivate each other! I wish you the best of luck!!
  • HeinzAmy
    HeinzAmy Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    yes, it is! I have lost weight and gained it back. The best thing is to just don't stop trying. Having MFP helps a ton from the information you can find to the friends that will support you and will understand your struggles. You can add me as a friend if you like.