Day 1

Options
tracefaceallovertheplace
tracefaceallovertheplace Posts: 1 Member
edited July 2015 in Getting Started
Tomorrow starts the first day of counting my calories. I have been working out for about a month now 4 days a week. I have not been dieting correctly however. I have not lost any weight. I almost feel larger than I was a month ago. I am ready to start tomorrow and track my eating. Any words of wisdom would be appreciated. ✌

Replies

• djpeterson013
    djpeterson013 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm sure you know this but working out will eventually help shed the pounds. When you first start working out without changing a diet it just starts to turn all of the fat in our bodies to muscle. Muscle weighs more than fat so we can actually gain weight while first beginning a workout program rather than losing it. It's what causes a lot of ppl to quit working out. Keep working out and eating the right things and everything will fall into place.
  • barrytrory
    barrytrory Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Good luck
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    why not start logging today? Even if you're not reducing calories it can be helpful to see where your current food intake is.

In any case, good luck in meeting your goals.
  • adidrea
    adidrea Posts: 275 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!

Counting calories really helps! I was overestimating my intake by quite a lot before I started logging. It really helps keep your portions in check. Make sure you also log little snacks that you eat throughout the day...those few things (a few nuts here, some chips there, piece of chocolate, etc.) can add up to 200 or 300 extra calories. Good luck, you can do it! :smile:
  • kristinhull1
    kristinhull1 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    My helpful tip is. Go back a day on MFP and add a normal day of what you eat without dieting and see how many calories you really eat on a normal non diet day. I did this and found out I was eating 4500 calories a day. I had a addiction to pop and havent had any since I started 4 days ago. And I have lost 3lbs in 4 days. I eat what I want but watch portions. I make sure to get every 5 food groups into my day. Losing weight isnt all about eating veggies and fruits. Its calories in vs calories out.
  • JMarcotte
    JMarcotte Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard!! You can do it! Find a healthy food you like and replace it with your worst unhealthy snack.