how do i calculate painting the house from a lift on one of the hottest days yet?

Options
I was helping paint some of my in laws house from a lift. It was over 90°and I was sweating excessively. How do you calculate that in calories burned? It was over two hours

Replies

• juleszephyr
    juleszephyr Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    If you look on the British Heart Foundation Exercise Calculator and plug in your weight, age, height etc, under the household (hoover icon) section they have an exterior decorating listing... Hope this helps?
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    ​The Compendium of Physical Activities provides an estimate of 5.0 METs for "painting, outside home."

You can use one of these MFP pre-loaded activities for an estimate of Calories burned. Please note that the estimated Calories burned for Cardiovascular exercises provided by MFP are based on published metabolic equivalent of tasks (METs), which are estimates for a general population and may differ for you as an individual.

The naming of the activity is not as important as the value of the METs, so you can either choose one of the pre-loaded activities with a similar METs value, or create your own.

METs - Activity
    3.0 - Carpentry, general
    4.0 - Raking lawn
    5.0 - Aerobics, low impact
    5.5 - Mowing lawn, general