New, currently 166? lbs

Options
larali1980
larali1980 Posts: 162 Member
Hello, I'm new to MFP. I have always been intimidated by the whole logging food thing, but I've tried it here for the last couple of days and it is pretty easy. I really have to do this, though. I need to lose weight.

I've been thin all my life, until a couple of years ago, when I was put on Cymbalta and Abilify for bipolar type 2 disorder. I gained 60 pounds. Now I am off the meds and ready to lose the weight.

Being off medication is a bit of a struggle (to say the least) but I'm hoping it's just discontinuation syndrome. I may need to go back on them. For now, I am focusing on getting healthy physically in hopes that will help my mental state.

I plan to log my calories in MFP and walk every morning for 1 hour. I also do spinning for 20 minutes a day.

SAM_1553_zpssipdhgns.jpg

Here is a picture of me when I was thin. I used to be a hottie and it's super depressing to have gone from this to FAT.

4bdfd38a-70ea-462b-a295-5e93c39fd34a_zps9ennwb3g.jpg

Replies

• rowantb
    rowantb Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Welcome :) I hope you start to feel better off of your meds, it's bound to be an adjustment! I've been there!

I didn't ever think much of logging food, in fact I had this app on my phone for months before I even started but I'm so glad I did! Makes everything so much easier and it's great for support!
  • petete101
    petete101 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi - good luck in your journey. Logging can be difficult but you get used to it and makes you accountable. Regarding the meds, try to get in more exercise - also difficult - but once you get used to eat it keeps your mind occupied, focused, andost of all full of happy hormones. Good luck!
  • Funship
    Funship Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Good Luck on your journey! I find walking everyday is not only good for us physically, it is a great stress reliever! Keep those walks going.....