I have had enough!

Options
I've gained all 6 lbs back!
No more! I lowered my goal of 2lbs a week to one. In case the 2lbs was too aggressive. I'm going to buy a crap tone of protein as well.
Switching from 2% milk to 1% since I drink a shake ever morning. A breakfast essential with 2 scoops of protein powder added.

I'll also start doing a workout every morning and then a walk.

Looking for a walking buddy asap!

Replies

• tesha_chandler
    tesha_chandler Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Sometimes muscles will retain water when you work out. They can hold a few pounds of water, so I wouldn't beat myself over it unless you've been going over on calories. Also keep an eye on your fat and carbs, too. If I go over on carbs I don't lose anything even if my calories are perfect. It takes time, but don't give up.
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,259 Member
    Options
    Hey there Kenzie,
    Smart move backing off to one pound vs two, setting goals is important and the goals we set need to push us but if the goals are not realistic they can do more harm than good. Goals should have some fluidity to them, if they prove to easy set them a little high, too hard, then adjust to make them slightly easier. It may take you awhile to find the right balance, just keep playing with your goals until you feel comfortable with it. In fact you may need to keep it moving to adjust for the things going on in your life. Example; I tore my hip flexor which made doing almost any form of exercising impossible, so to have the expectations that I had prior to that was not sensible. So I adjusted for “life events” so to speak.
    Anyway, I wish you the best.
    Oh and you may want to look at using water with your protein shakes as there is a lot of sugar in milk. I don’t know what your dietary needs are but I know too much sugar can undue a lot of hard work.
    V/r,
    DW.
  • stfuriada
    stfuriada Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Buying protein doesn't really mean anything if you're not cutting calories.

At the end of the day, if you ingest more calories than your body needs, you're gonna gain weight.
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    If you want to cut calories, use silk instead of milk, good protein too. always steam or roast your veggies and try not to use much oil. sounds awful but you can season them up pretty well. I know about the yo yo of weekly gaining and losing, but once you find that balance you'll be great!
    I don't do protein powders of any kind. I can't say good or bad for other people, but for me they make me gain weight.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    If youive gaines 6lb back it could just eb a fluctuation or if its real then it indicates your alorie counting is poor and that you need to get that sorted as a prioriy, protein is just protein and a bit of exercise whislt nice is nowhere as importnat as making sure you post consistent deficits by accurate logging.

The fact you have switched from 2 to 1lb a week shows how inaccurate your logging is, if you have gained six.
  • gypsyish
    gypsyish Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    It's all about logging calories and eating less than you burn. Are you logging everything and using a food scale?
  • tiggerlove
    tiggerlove Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Don't give up just tweak what you been doing, you made a good start by going from 2 to 1. Continue to do your shake,sometimes you have to evluate what the shake has in it also cause not all shakes can help you loose weight, I put unsweetened almond coconut milk in my shake. What kind or workout are you doing? cause if your using weights in your workout you will see your weight rise. I always say loosing weight is a lot of trial and errors until you find what works for your body.