Weightloss Clinic

Options
bealio85
bealio85 Posts: 16 Member
Soooo I just made an appointment for a weightloss clinic, just curious if there's anyone else out here that has had B-6 or B-12 shots and/or Phentermine and if they have been effective for you?
Thanks! :-)

Replies

• applesmommy13
    applesmommy13 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've tried weigh loss clinics lost about 30lbs in 2months and gained it all back plus more since I could afford the weekly fees. The clinic I went to you could only eat protein the first week then each week you would introduce fruits / veggies. Good luck
  • stacymichellesarver
    stacymichellesarver Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have done the B12 shots and it never did anything for me. I have also used Phentermine I lost 20 pounds in a month. I keep it off until I got pregnant with my daughter and tried them again but they didn't work anymore. After you take then they don't really work anymore. That is how it was for me anyways.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Hard work is free.
  • Lee53054494
    Lee53054494 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Hard work is free.

This!!
  • Rudenurse88
    Rudenurse88 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    They say B 12 injections give you energy and that there are lipogenic agents in the injection also (fat burning). I didn't notice a differcd. Vitamins are in our foods. Plus research says there is no evidence supporting claims that they actually help with weight loss. So if you've never had problems with anemia or b 12 deficiency this is optional.

I started going to a weight loss clinic. I lost 10 lbs the first month and I exercise 3 to four times a week. I begin using mfo upon their suggestion. It has been educational. Although I'm a nurse nutrition was not a major focus of my program. I learned not only to pay attention to calories and fat but to look at how many grams of carbs, sugars and proteins I'm consumjng. I realized that I was consuming too many carbs and not enough protein with each meal.

That being said. I think phentermine is a tool to help aid in self control while youre reorogrsmjng your mind and body to make the healthier decisions. Besides one can live on a calorie restriction forever.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,670 Member
    Options
    You'll be paying for a high priced appetite suppressant and put on a calorie deficit program that will usually NOT a program you'll sustain once you're done. Why? Because they'll want you to come back again later since you had weight loss success with them. Then recycle again.

Weight loss is mostly about changing habits. You DON'T need to take drugs to do it, nor pay for expensive programs. You just have to be committed and learn strategies for free on here on how to approach instituting those habits into your current lifestyle.

Here's my first tip: eat off plates that are only 9" in diameter. Don't go back for seconds.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    You'll be paying for a high priced appetite suppressant and put on a calorie deficit program that will usually NOT a program you'll sustain once you're done. Why? Because they'll want you to come back again later since you had weight loss success with them. Then recycle again.

Weight loss is mostly about changing habits. You DON'T need to take drugs to do it, nor pay for expensive programs. You just have to be committed and learn strategies for free on here on how to approach instituting those habits into your current lifestyle.

Here's my first tip: eat off plates that are only 9" in diameter. Don't go back for seconds.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

Listen to this advice. It's the best you're going to get.

Don't waste your hard earned money OP.
  • Jesskuh_Mcfly
    Jesskuh_Mcfly Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I was on pentermine when I was 17 & lost from 220 to 170 in around 5 months. It definitely pumps you up in terms of energy. I was able to stay between 170 & 180 for around 6 years, but the only complaint I have is that it didn't teach me how to eat lol just how to not eat..if that makes sense.

• bealio85
    Options
    I've been taking it for just over a week now and I love how it makes me not hungry..it really doesnt give me a ton of energy though. The clinic I'm going to has a dietician that has been guiding me on what to eat and what my body needs so I'm trying to train myself, and the not being hungry definitely helps so I can learn portion control and not want to eat everything in the house haha
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Hard work is free.

+1
  • dennshah01
    dennshah01 Posts: 34 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Hard work is free.

Preach!

===========

Don't depend on drugs to help you control your cravings, especially this one. It's predecessor was called Fen-Phen and it caused heart issues. After lawsuits and the craziness that goes with bad pharma research that crashes and burns, I believe FDA banned it. Phentermine also has been banned, but in the UK, Canada, and other countries because of heart risk and other insane side-effects.

After a few weeks of the "Phantom" pill, you will hate life. Believe me, I took that garbage and lost weight, but at a price. My adrenals were shot, and I had horrible anxiety because I could not sleep. Educate yourself and read the reviews on the side-effects. Abnormally rapid heat rate, mood swings, headaches, and eventual lack of motivation to name a few from people who have used it. It's great now, but a high percentage of people who took it, gained the weight back + some. Good luck and if you do decide to stop taking it, don't go cold turkey since it's very addictive.
  • hupsii
    hupsii Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I used to take something similar like this way back prescribed by a doctor and when I found out what it really was, I stopped immediately as the side effects were really frigthening. Unfortunately, the weight I had lost came back very very fast and was there to stay. Damaging my metabolism I would say... I have learned the hard way that there are just no shortcuts....Here are just some side effects you can google :
    Call your doctor at once if you have a serious side effect such as:
    • feeling short of breath, even with mild exertion;
    • chest pain, feeling like you might pass out;
    • swelling in your ankles or feet;
    • pounding heartbeats or fluttering in your chest;
    • confusion or irritability, unusual thoughts or behavior;
    • feelings of extreme happiness or sadness; or
    • dangerously high blood pressure (severe headache, blurred vision, buzzing in your ears, anxiety, chest pain, shortness of breath, uneven heartbeats, seizure).
    Common phentermine side effects may include:
    • feeling restless or hyperactive;
    • headache, dizziness, tremors;
    • sleep problems (insomnia);
    • dry mouth or an unpleasant taste in your mouth;
    • diarrhea or constipation, upset stomach; or
    • increased or decreased interest in sex, impotence.
    This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.

• psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Honesty I will never understand the *kitten* people will do to themselves to avoid the simple principle of working hard and developing discipline.

<chick who has lost 120lbs....

• wildsavvy
    wildsavvy Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't touch Phentanol with a 100 foot pole, imo. As someone who has taken nearly every form of thermogenic/adrenaline weight loss product on the face of the earth (some no longer on the market because, well, they're BAD)...please steer clear of such things. The short term gain isn't worth what damage may be done in the long run.
  • tesha_chandler
    tesha_chandler Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I had the b12 shots and they done absolutely nothing for me, but I have family who swear by them. I took phentermine off and on. I lost 13 pounds in the first month and steadily for a few months after. The medication made me SUPER mean and hateful and that's not usually my personality. It's great if you need help with appetite control but it only works for so long. The best advice I can give on it is to really work on your eating habits while you're on it because the weight will start packing on as soon as you come off if you don't learn how to eat properly.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    psych101 wrote: »
    Honesty I will never understand the *kitten* people will do to themselves to avoid the simple principle of working hard and developing discipline.

<chick who has lost 120lbs....

Well that is why there is the claim of overweight and obese being lazy. Also I would not call losing weight hard work.
  • bealio85
    Options
    I really do not appreciate the negativity that I'm seeing. Just because I'm taking them does not mean I'm not also putting in hard work. I'm not just sitting around on my *kitten* while hoping a pill will magically make me lose weight. I'm taking it in addition to working my *kitten* off and I am learning to proportion my meals and seeking help from the dietician so I know what to eat, how much protein, carbs, etc my body needs.. Everyone starts somewhere, this is my journey that I have just started. I'm seeing where people are saying how expensive it is, well that may be for some but for me..my insurance covers it so I pay nothing. Why wouldn't I take advantage from a medical professional who can help guide me where I need to be?
    If Phentermine gives me any issues I will discontinue to take it, and that doesn't mean I will stop working out and eating right though.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I dislike any sort of shot or pill because frankly, they don't work. Someone is profiting from your earnest desire to make a change.

Pick effective strategies.

One of those strategies is to eat less than you are now, and MFP can help facilitate this.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    bealio85 wrote: »
    I really do not appreciate the negativity that I'm seeing. Just because I'm taking them does not mean I'm not also putting in hard work. I'm not just sitting around on my *kitten* while hoping a pill will magically make me lose weight. I'm taking it in addition to working my *kitten* off and I am learning to proportion my meals and seeking help from the dietician so I know what to eat, how much protein, carbs, etc my body needs.. Everyone starts somewhere, this is my journey that I have just started. I'm seeing where people are saying how expensive it is, well that may be for some but for me..my insurance covers it so I pay nothing. Why wouldn't I take advantage from a medical professional who can help guide me where I need to be?
    If Phentermine gives me any issues I will discontinue to take it, and that doesn't mean I will stop working out and eating right though.

OP it's because you can do this and not spend extra money. You see my profile pic. Pic 2 and pic 3 were done half MFP and half nothing. You don't need that crap to lose weight.
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    bealio85 wrote: »

OP I'm sorry if my post was one of the ones you deemed to be negative. But I've been where you are. Trust me. it will not end well.

Can you tell me what Phentermine is? what is it actually made of? how is it created? what does it actually do to your body? If you can tell me all those things and you know exactly what you are putting into your body then fine - have at it. The simple answer is that you don't need Phentermine to lose weight. If you really are working your *kitten* off and learning to portion your meals as you say you are in this post, then you don't need the pills!

I agree - everyone starts somewhere, so what not start from a place where you are the one in control - where your successes are down to what you've learned and what you've been through and how hard you've worked.

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!